What's the best first mod you can do to a STi?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Say you have a stock STi and wanna put a mod on it. What would be the best mod for it?

06STI360

Depends on what you want to do. Power wise I would have to say AP and a TBE, it's a lot of power for not a lot of money. Springs and sways for suspension. The brakes are amazing for DD duties and I personally wouldn't upgrade them unless your going to the track.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The first power mod I'm with Fugi on, AP Stage one.

First suspension mode I would do sways.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
first mod, a naked hot chick bent over the hood :D or to be a co-pilot in the driver seat with you ;)

seriously though, it would depend on how much money is the person willing to spend? a $30 shift knob or a $2-3000 set of coilovers?

Turbineguy

AP for better reliability and drivability regardless of year and then it's whatever direction you want to go with it.

joey.lisano

AP for better reliability and drivability regardless of year and then it's whatever direction you want to go with it.
I agree 100%. It's an upgrade for everyone, but it can help save some years from blown engines.

<< Dumb-dumb over here drove around for 3 years on the stock 07 tune because he was ignorant. I wish I could do that one over again.

Bluedemon_II

It's not easy to pick a first mode from my list... To many items that could make a grate first mod. Ether way, a reflash would leave you money on the table for a couple of swaybars compared to an accesport. Also learning to tune a car will give you amazing insight on how everything works.

After I learned... I wished that I had gone with a Ford 351W with a holey 750cfm 4 barrel and a msd 6al with a blaster coil and a 150hp nos shot. So much simpler on my book.

berdugo

I'll upgrade the brakes first on a Subaru. I always felt back then that my stock brembo caliers plus oem pads are very over rated, not good enough for the engine power and vehicle weight.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well I did rally flaps as my first mod to protect my paint, lol.

jswansti

I personally did some "show" mods before "go" mods. First thing was window tint, then RA flaps, and then got an AP. Now that i've done most of my aesthetic things i wanted i'm getting into stage 2 protune stuff.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Paul I already have that! Read my journal, lol!