What's your favorite tool in your toolbox?

Holabak

Too all of you who dabble in DIY or are Professional's like myself I simple question.... What's your favorite tool in your toolbox/tool collection?

Mine is my Ingersoll 3/8 Impact I use this little tool quite a bit..... in fact I purchased a second one I love it so much so I can have one at work and home! If your looking for a good all around air impact get this sucker!

Model Number IR 2115TiMAX
iphone10102012005_zps642d39f3-1_zps0859577d.jpg

Attachments

• iphone10102012 005.jpg
    iphone10102012 005.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 79

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
My headlamp. Impulse buy a few years back and it has proven to be very invaluable. Very cheap and the light is always where I'm looking.

Secondly, my plasma cutter. A favorite but sadly not used much for the time being.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Headlamps are awesome.

My fav tool though has to be...3/8" ratchet. Hah. I have pretty much no tools, so it'll have to do. It was either that or the 12mm or 14mm socket. On the subaru...they're invaluable.

35r

... My favorite tool is Clintons garage... Its like toolapalooza in there, i have seen tools to which i never knew existed..Plus its heated !

Holabak

Nice Guys! Keep em coming it's interesting to see what everyone has in there toolboxes these days that they consider to be there most used tool!

ZachTTLM

I would say my Milwaukee Cordless Impact Gun, rated at 450 ft-lb and long battery life. I have not come across a bolt that thing hasnt been able to take off. Best part is in doing everything my pnuematic gun does plus I am not tripping over the damn air hose. Definitlly worth the buy. In addition it is portable I can take it to the Auto X events to help the guys with tire and wheel changes and such.

Holabak

I would say my Milwaukee Cordless Impact Gun, rated at 450 ft-lb and long battery life. I have not come across a bolt that thing hasnt been able to take off. Best part is in doing everything my pnuematic gun does plus I am not tripping over the damn air hose. Definitlly worth the buy. In addition it is portable I can take it to the Auto X events to help the guys with tire and wheel changes and such.

Definetly have to agree with you there on the cordless guns. I have the Ingersoll 3/8 cordless and 1/2 cordless as well and I find myself reaching for these more and more often everyday I'm at work.

Holabak

The hammer for sure especially if your a Toyota tech like I am then it becomes your right hand tool all the time. Toyotas rust unlike anything else when it comes to there suspension components :(

DierwulfBL

MAC 1/2" impact (1100 ft lbs reverse, bought this when the 400 ft lbs cordless wouldnt hack it on a crank pulley on my CRX), cordless impact (3/8, 1/2), 3/8 air ratchet, 15bhp 33gal compressor. After using air tools I am not exactly sure how I worked on cars prior. Once I get my lift that will be my new fav :)

Holabak

Yeah my lifts are an absolute must have but it's not something an everyday homeowner has. And surprising as it is a lot of folks don't have access to air tools as well either. The one thing I have realized over the many many years that I have been a mechanic is that air tools can be a good thing yes but use them too much and they quickly become bad very bad