wide tires for 08 sti

ICY STi

Ok. Hanook is actually one of the top brands when it comes to grip in adverse weather. So with the weather I got in Springfield MA growing up I can only assume its pretty close the the same weather you get. Hanook has a tread pattern that dispels water rather than letting it collect under the tread and causing you to hydroplane into someone's ass end.

Toyo is more of a set of tire you would want to have at the track. They generally are made "softer" for better grip which would get you a decent launch.

Let me know if this makes any sense.

stiorbust

It makes perfect sense especially since I'm going to nursing school at AIC in Springfield. Thank you

Grant evohntr Sampson

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346705158.155267.jpg

Rear end of rek's 09STI with 18x10's needless to say quite the FATASS makes the car looks so much aggressive and beefier. Actually looks quite intimidating when riding behind you.

stiorbust

Yeah I like that look. Very very nice. Almost as bad ass as my prostreet. Love that fat ass :)

Grant evohntr Sampson

13STI

Personally I would deffinetly go with winter tires! I live in north Jersey & let me tell you it gets pretty hairy when you live on a mountain 2,300 feet above sea level. Two storms ago i was running stock rims with stock Dunlop SP Sports. Within 3 miles i slid off the road @ 3-5 mph 6 times. I bought BridgeStone Blizzak WS70's, gods gift to the sport world. Now i can actually do some snow drifting!!!!!! :D

stiorbust

I just drove to work the other night around midnight in a foot of unplowed snow and These "summer" tires Did awesome. No lie..I adjusted my traction control and center diff and handled it. I was impressed and surprised. Doesn't mean I won't get winter tires in the future