Hello.

STimedic

Hello IGOTASTi,

I'm Ben, an Army Paratrooper medic, I'm originally from Colorado, own two Subarus: a 2011 Forester XT Touring in PRP (wife's car) and my money pit (aka The Beast), my 2002 WRX-turned STi. Quick background on The Beast: purchased used with 33k miles in Oct. 2005 (mfg date 05/01), sent it off to Germany with me for 3yrs. In 2008, the opportunity presented itself to perform an STi swap, as a friends' wife rolled their 05 STi. I purchased said wreck for $5k as if I didn't, I'dve looked a gift horse in the mouth and regretted it. Then began the months-long wait for parts to either upgrade existing or replace broken parts. Finally, in Oct 08, she lived again and was promptly taken to the 'Ring, as I was getting ready to depart Germany and refused to miss the opportunity. (Great experience BTW!) I met Gino (rek888v2, aka Hank) when I first got to the Bragg area, and he took me and mine in while we looked for a place to live; he's now like a brother to me, a shit-talking, parts-trading brother. Since getting my car here, it's been in a constant state of modification, and currently sports just about everything Grimmspeed offers, Spearco TMIC, 38mm EWG, TD06-20G 7^2cm housing, VMS SB, just about every upgraded bushing/mount I could get, RCE yellows, Cusco sways and much more I'll have to type up later, as I'm waiting to jump out of a half-decent helicopter ATM.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Official mod list will come soon......

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team. Reks is a awesome guy. Post up some pics and thanks for your support. Enjoy.

STimedic

Edwin, once I get off Holland n get my ankle looked @ n make sure it ain't f***ed, then repair the torn cv boot I have. All that should need to be done for now is MAF scaling as we discussed the other day. Also, lmk what you're asking price is for your soon-to-be leftover STi parts so I can discuss with the wife a course of action so we can convert the Foz!

To all else, thanks for the welcome! I will try n get pics and a semi-complete mod list later.

Last edited:

STimedic

Thanks, willco when able! The wife made me laugh, when I told her I had a crappy landing, she asks how I landed. I resorted to telling her like 190# of chit falling @ 18ft/second. :LOL:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome to the forum!. Enjoy your stay!.

Check out the members journals and feel free to start your own!

Undecisive

Well well well , if it isn't benjamin button himself! What's up ben! You gonna hit some auto-x's with us this year (if the wife allows it)

STimedic

John, it's not a matter of the wifes' approval, it's if the Army gives me time to and whether or not I have the funds to. Unlike some of you single folk, I have an entire household to support. Plus I need to get my front cv boots replaced and get through breaking in the new shortblock before I can get out. Then there's the matter of being scheduled to be in the field all of June, block leave in July when I'll be going home to CO, then NTC in Aug/Sept. And that's all if I don't get accepted to go to SOCM/CAMS to become a CA Medic. Time is the largest factor in all of this.

Edwin, ankle is not broken, just severely sprained (read: softball on the side of my ankle). If I feel up to driving, wanna ride with down to Wilmington with me on the 22nd to go support our hetero life mate?

Gino, I hate you! :p

STimedic

Sorry, I tried posting up earlier, but my phone wasn't cooperating, plus I'm at work, what moar do you want from me? (Message is for John)

Last edited:

Undecisive

im at work too ben, I spend most of my time at work whoring on the forum. Since im in afghanistan and have nothing else better to do. Ill be back in august, if you're free and better you need to come out to atleast one race.

Undecisive

eff irwin. you need to get to the socom side of things so you don't have to deal with that bullshit. And well see if i even remember how to drive when I get back. I haven't even been in a car since i deployed. kind of sucks.

STimedic

And I'll be sorting my car out, so it's all good.

Anyone else notice that under STi generations, two generations are missing? I know of one person locally (Gabe) who has a true to life S202, RHD and all. It just needs some reconstruction.......Mods, whatcha gonna do?????

STimedic

I know he has the chassis, seen it and am getting the mirrors off it. The only thing holding him up is VA getting papaerwork to the lawyer so that he can get the money back from medical bills and the accident itself so we can rebuild.

EDIT: He got the paperwork last week, is waiting on payment now.

Last edited:

STimedic

I told him the same as well, that I just need to know when n where. Easiest way to swap is from underneath, as I did when I did my swap, front subframe, rear subframe, driveshaft, wiring, done.