Look what happened to me.

IVIrSTi

here is what happened. Apparently my chain screwed me over,(was i n nthe proosses of tuning my chain and imgrading my bike but this happened...) i was going 40.2MPH (had a gauge map) then i went to push to bike to see what it can do. I think i pushed the bike TOOOO Hard, the chain popped and i was holding on and try to handle without panicking, than i fell to the side (leg got stuck on the chain :/ . After that my bike went sideways, i went and got dragged like 3-5 feet and my whole left side of me went on the floor and it REALLY hurt, then out of no where the bike fell on me and later that scene i went home and got a "cast" on my arm thankfully it DIDN'T break, if i would've went a few more feet it would've made my hand go backwards :( anyways overall I'm pretty happy, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" indeed in this case. now i know why they invented helmets and safety things. i thought that was all BS but look it came back to me...s

Don't Scroll Down if you have children! might be disturbing to young viewers! thank you!

This was an hour later after this event. got this cloth to stop the bloody mess.
attachment.php

This is my left foot. the day that happened it was worse, you could see my bone, it was pretty scary. I thought it was cool but it hurt A LOT...
attachment.php

This right here is my left hip/going onto my leg. this was the main problem after my arm.
NO CLUE WHY ITS UPSIDE DOWN!
attachment.php

This was last night, this right here... cant even say nothing about it. sleeping as he worst part because of the pain.... the time after the event i looked and i saw muscles! and my bone! this scared me the most but now i don't need to worry about it, it is still healing. as you see it is red but the day of the event (Friday) it was white and blood everywhere!
attachment.php

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 50

Grinder34

Track Monkey
road rash is awful. Thats why you should always wear full gear when on a motorcycle. That's also why racing bicyclists shave their arms/legs. Basically, if you fall at speed, sometimes your arm/leg hairs get caught in the cracks in the pavement, and it rips off giant chunks of skin.

Anyways, glad you're pretty much ok. Chicks dig scars.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
road rash is awful. Thats why you should always wear full gear when on a motorcycle. That's also why racing bicyclists shave their arms/legs. Basically, if you fall at speed, sometimes your arm/leg hairs get caught in the cracks in the pavement, and it rips off giant chunks of skin.

Anyways, glad you're pretty much ok. Chicks dig scars.

Definitely glad to here you're okay. Another great reason to shave body hair off of exposed skin is not only to prevent what Grinder said above, but so that when you do fall, the hair doesn't get ground into the wound. It's much easier to clean it out that way, otherwise the hospital will surely scrub that shit out with a nylon brush.....which OMG......sucks reallllllly bad. Trust me.