2005 subaru sti boost leak??

SeanZ

Ok guys so I had previous threads of me claiming I had a slipping clutch or not enough vacuume since the hose cut open, well I patched the hose so thats good and my clutch is still good so its not either of those 2, now I have no clue what else it could be... Maybe a boost leak? Idk, I dont see any loose clamps or anything. Well heres a video of how my car runs when im pushing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VlGjTjqPSQ

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy crap! Is there any way you can monitor your boost? Your speed barely increases with the RPM climbing its way up to redline... You're flooring it, right?

Really odd...

SeanZ

Holy crap! Is there any way you can monitor your boost? Your speed barely increases with the RPM climbing its way up to redline... You're flooring it, right?

Really odd...

Yes flooring it and i had a air leak on the crank case vacume hose and fixed it without resetting the battery, I now resetted it

You definitely need to get us a log. You essentially have a naturally aspirated sti. Looks like you had absolutely no boost.

We need an entire list of mods and pics of engine bay.

SeanZ

10360556_241819602677152_3641565018442229598_n_zps1ac98e72.jpg

My engine bay

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Turbo going out?
Really need to log it. It's going to be hard for any of us to tell.
You just might have to take it to someone if you can't log it.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Let's see what happened to my car:

-torn y-pipe coupler from turbo to tmic
-torn turbo inlet from intake to turbo

But, looking at the picture, that engine bay looks pretty damn new/low mileage.

Something would have to be disconnected in order to not get any boost at all... Even if the turbo had the infamous wastegate crack, he would have something. What do you guys mean when you say "the turbo is going out"? Do you mean something along the lines of complete impediment???

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
My first suggestion would be to have a boost leak test done. I really can't hear anything well in the video but you might be at waste gate pressure only which indicates other problems. As suggested, a log would be helpful if you have the ability to take one. Do you have an AccessPort?

SeanZ

My first suggestion would be to have a boost leak test done. I really can't hear anything well in the video but you might be at waste gate pressure only which indicates other problems. As suggested, a log would be helpful if you have the ability to take one. Do you have an AccessPort?

no accessport

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Get a can of carb cleaner and spray it around all the hoses and turbo couplings while the engine is idling. Listen for changes in idle while you spray. This might reveal a leak that you can't see.

Beyond that there may not be much we can do to help with out seeing a log. That would tell us quite allot about the cause and the underlying issue. If you can't find any leaks then you need to take it somewhere and have a boost leak test performed. Usually a local speed shop or the dealer may offer this test.

It would also do you well to think about getting a couple gauges. I suggest a good boost gauge, a wide band AFR gauge and oil pressure.