Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome! :ty:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Make sure you get us pics! :D

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Good to know. Another set that can get crossed off the list. Whats next?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Holy crap. I don't know why, but I haven't seen this thread until today. Awesome job dude. That's a ton of work accomplished. It's off to a great start!

Good to know. Another set that can get crossed off the list. Whats next?

Alin you mean whats the next tire or whats next for the car? Ill answer both lol got the BF Goodwrich Sport Comp2s put on today and so far love them. Dry grip is awesome and a good looking thread pattern, as for the car tomorrow night im replacing my driver side front inner fender well and the front underside splash guard and saturday im installing the Grimmspeed ebcs, aos and tmic piping kit, ngk spark plugs, dw65c fuel pump, and dong a bit more of an aggressive tune to the car and get some pulls and some whp numbers. Im trying to get my coilovers installed but it seems like I wont be able to get an alignment this weekend :(

Holy crap. I don't know why, but I haven't seen this thread until today. Awesome job dude. That's a ton of work accomplished. It's off to a great start!

Thanks bud :) appreciate the compliment lol I follow this forum and facebook as well lol see a lot of great pics show up on my feed.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=3594]evans609[/MENTION] well... you answered the first question and then came out with a bonus! :tup:

Those are going to be my next tires since other members on here have said they're unreal. Please review the tires after, let's say, 1,000 miles? :bigtup:

First thing I did was replace the inner fender well. First thing I did was put it up on a buddys lift and took the tire off.

First pic is the damaged part of the inner well. This all happened when I was backing out of a friends yard and my front lip hooked into the ground and hauled the driver side of the bumper off breaking the clip joining the fender to the front bumper and numerous clips in the fender well and underneath the front bumper.

abridSn.jpg

So I removed the rest of the clips inside the inner fender well and seen in the pics.. (The pics are bright so I apologize.)

3yrhdal.jpg

and there are these 3 little clips that can be removed with a Phillips screw driver and also a flat top. In order to remove these you would have to take out 2 clips under the side skirt (be careful these clips are easy to break) and also haul out on the piece that contains the sti emblem (which is in between the side skirt and fender)

EMCfaJS.jpg

After that I washed her up and and took a pic of the new fender well.

What I use to wash my car :)

digJ8aP.jpg

And the inner fender well

41rvDst.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Very nice. Im gonna have to teplace my right side as well. Only one clip broke and its annoying with it flapping on the highway. How much did the wheel well and clips cost you?

Next I installed the DW65c fuel pump, Grimmspeed air oil separator and Electronic Boost Control Solenoid.

Pics of the Fuel pump install are below.

First thing you want to do is drive around or take the gas out of the tank. You want to be on gas light or the notch above where the gas light would come on. Then let it sit for a couple hours so the pressure inside the tank dies off.

Then you take the back seat out by undoing the 2 pull clips under the seat towards the middle of the driver and passenger back seats. (be careful with these for they are easy to buckle.) Once the seat is off this is what youll see.

fM6j7aw.jpg

You'll have 4 screws on what looks like a speaker was my first thought hah. Undo those screws and remove the cover and seal. Like below.

9qkqN7V.jpg

2yLvce2.jpg

Once that's done you'll have to undo 3 clips and a sensor. (its best to use shop towels or cloths to put around the plugs when undoing them for they will still leak gas)

Eh4LHT9.jpg

Undo a few screws and haul the assembly out.

QpKQ3ij.jpg

Next undo more screws, clips and a sensor on the pump housing. Empty the gas and wipe the housing out with a cloth.

6vufEam.jpg

wb4gJlJ.jpg

and this is the stock fuel pump.

FiKjENH.jpg

once thats all done install the new pump and basically do everything I just did but in reverse.

The new pump

MvcUG8X.jpg

The new pump installed.

UiY7Jk3.jpg

and back into the new housing.

eZKJ7ne.jpg

Installing back into the tank.

bFI771p.jpg

and done!

Very nice. Im gonna have to teplace my right side as well. Only one clip broke and its annoying with it flapping on the highway. How much did the wheel well and clips cost you?

Clips I was given free but they arent very much and I ordered the inner fender well from a OEM parts warehouse for a third of the price. It was like 70 bucks I think.