02 Frankensubie Monstrosity

SudoSTI

Thanks Ted! When I originally purchased the VSSPro from Spiider (DCCDPro, whatever you call them) it was the only one that I was aware of. I had heard of MapDCCD's DCCD controller before but heard nothing about their VSS unit.

Unfortunately after I purchase my VSSPro used/refurbished, I found a thread on NASIOC where the previous owner, among many others, posted all the different issues this unit has had. They also mostly had switched over to the MapDCCD unit and have had zero issues since and it has been a few years.

I contacted MapDCCD before I placed my order to see if the Advanced unit was available because I plan on getting their DCCD module eventually as well and the Advanced unit will be able to interface with the DCCD unit for automatic differential control based on the independent speed of all four wheels. Unfortunately it's still delayed (has been for about 2 years) but they did inform me that once it is finished that they will be releasing a DCCD and VSS all in one unit! When they do I'm going to sell my VSS module and get the all in one unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SudoSTI

This is what came out after one coolant flush, two water flushes, one coolant system flusher plus water, and one final water rinse after the coolant system flush. Pretty nasty. I'm guessing there's still stuff in there. I'll just do another coolant flush in the not too distant future.

Also found one exhaust leak between my manifold and uppipe, another between my downpipe and midpipe, and the v-band where my downpipe connects to the turbo exhaust housing isn't seated correctly. Which raises the question; are the Grimmspeed extra thick gaskets better than say a Vibrant? Worth the additional cost? My thought process is that a gasket is a sacrificial piece by being crushed to create a solid, proper seal. If you make it too thick, you're hindering the ability to sacrifice itself to create a solid union, correct? Am I overthinking?

So did you feed the turd laxatives to produce that coolant flush [MENTION=4986]SudoSTI[/MENTION]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Every GS gasket that I've seen has held up perfectly. GS is a very reputable company and I've never seen anyone say anything bad about the company, even on Nasioc!!!! :tard:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=4986]SudoSTI[/MENTION] Hey man, received the laptop holder today! You did a great job shipping it. I appreciate it very much! :bow: :bow: :ty: :ty:

SudoSTI

I feel like I got gypped on the clamp I got with my car. This one is MUCH beefier.

All better!

But I also noticed my transmission mount bracket rubbed a hole in my lower heater core hose so now that needs to get replaced.
-_______-

SudoSTI

Glad it made it safely [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] !! Let me know if you have any questions putting it back together!

SudoSTI

Just performed the poor man's fix for the lower heater core hose. Bent the hard pipe up away from the bracket and trimmed the hose where the hole was and had enough slack to fix it back onto the connection. :lol:

SudoSTI

That's the idea when I get time to install it haha. I'm going to swap the two front sensors as well just in case and because I have a spare set laying around anyway. Had class two nights this week, had to study for a midterm one of those nights, and today is my daughter's birthday. I have another midterm next week I'll be studying for a lot this weekend (thermodynamics!) but I'm hoping to get it in this weekend anyway.

SudoSTI

Is it normal for the plug to be labeled differently from the pinout in the FSM? The drawing is from the FSM but the numbers in the corners just outside the boxes is what's labeled on the plug itself.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That is not normal as far as I know. The numbers on the plug don't make sense.

Do the wire colors match the FMS?

SudoSTI

I don't recall the FSM even referencing wire color. I'll have to go verify that.

SudoSTI

Found the section that labeled the wire colors and the pinout, not the plug, was correct. Tapped in to the front left and rear left wheel signals, wired for switched power, ground, and signal send and... nothing. I drove it down the street and back and the speedo still doesn't work. I'm going to try resetting the ECU after my non-Mac laptop cools down and charges and I'll try resetting the ABS codes as well and see if that makes a difference. If not, I was still planning on replacing the front two sensors as that is the ABS code I was getting and see if maybe that allows the speedo to work. -_- Fuck this car. I'm going to be pissed if I dropped $185 I didn't have that I didn't need to.

SudoSTI

Checked the ABS codes before I reset them and have a code for front left, front right, and now rear left signal (all the sensors I've tapped into). Reset the ECU and ABS and took it for a drive. ABS light came back on and the speedo still doesn't work. I also watched the VSS module to see if the signal LED illuminated and it never did. CEL didn't come on for lack of speed sensor but I think that's because I just drove it around the block. Pretty irritated.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Can you call the company that makes the device to see if they have any insight. I know it is not very useful advice but I'm useless in this regard :tard:

SudoSTI

Yeah I'll probably shoot them an email today. They're really quick to respond. The LED to indicate power is good so I know at least my power and ground connections are solid. I took it for a drive again and looked over and saw the signal LED fully illuminated while driving on the highway but the speedo still wasn't operating. Then the signal light went off while cruising and didn't turn back on.

SudoSTI

Got an amazing response back from Matt at MapDCCD with a list of things to check! Awesome customer service!