02 Frankensubie Monstrosity

SudoSTI

Went on a cruise last night to get some tuning data. It just now dawned on me the irony of the situation I was in. I went to log... and almost hit some logs haha. Some nimrod in an RV had a bunch of firewood poorly strapped to the back and dropped a few dozen logs over the course of a mile. They weren't too big but seeing as how I can barely (less than a quarter inch clearance) get out of my driveway without scraping, my front end would have had a bad time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Glad that you didn't hit any!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You went to the gas station, but not to the post office?!?! PRIORITIES!!!! :rofl:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I got the logs and sent you an update! It should show improvement.

I assume you are going to break-in this motor for 1000 miles? If so then we can use this time to really tweak the closed loop driving. Just keep sending those logs. :tup:

SudoSTI

Technically the engine has 30k miles on it already aside from the turbo kit upgrade and the timing kit that is all fresh now. But I am cool with closed loop tweaking taking as long as possible. Reliability is my #1 concern until I finish school and can afford a backup car and can rebuild the engine on this beast the way I would like. And probably put on a bigger turbo haha.

Airbag light turned off so that's good. I'm going to try and track down an ABS code reader to see why that light is on. I am going to make a trip to Vatozone tomorrow to see if their code reader can get me some info since RomRaider wouldn't work with my Rom. If not I'll try poking around the RomRaider forums some more for some info.

And I swear to all that is holy [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] that I WILL GET YOU A QUOTE TOMORROW! Message me if I haven't sent you any info by 3:30PST.

Technically the engine has 30k miles on it already aside from the turbo kit upgrade and the timing kit that is all fresh now. But I am cool with closed loop tweaking taking as long as possible. Reliability is my #1 concern until I finish school and can afford a backup car and can rebuild the engine on this beast the way I would like. And probably put on a bigger turbo haha.

Airbag light turned off so that's good. I'm going to try and track down an ABS code reader to see why that light is on. I am going to make a trip to Vatozone tomorrow to see if their code reader can get me some info since RomRaider wouldn't work with my Rom. If not I'll try poking around the RomRaider forums some more for some info.

And I swear to all that is holy [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] that I WILL GET YOU A QUOTE TOMORROW! Message me if I haven't sent you any info by 3:30PST.

Check the air bag connector under the passenger seat. The one in my 04 throws the code all the time. Just push it back together and cycle the ignition and light goes off.

SudoSTI

[MENTION=5388]Raven32[/MENTION] I think that's exactly what happened. I have the JDM V7 seats which don't have airbags and the previous owner just electrical taped (poorly) the proper resistors into the plug. I think last time I was under there and unintentionally fiddled with them the connection corrected itself. It may have been off for a while but with my speedo not working I used a GPS speedo app on my phone and stuck it in front of my cluster when I drive it and can't see the light.
[MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] I brought it to work for proper packaging, accurate weight, and recommendations on shipping the extinguisher (I work for a gas company and shipping fire extinguishers is a daily thing).

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=4986]SudoSTI[/MENTION] Sweet! I'm pumped! If you can't ship the fire extinguisher, don't worry about it. The main thing is the laptop holder! :ty:

SudoSTI

Went to Vatozone and their code reader picked these up:

P0365 Camshaft Position Sensor B Circuit (Bank 1)

P0390 Camshaft Position Sensor B Circuit (Bank 2)

P0261 Cylinder 1 Injector Circuit Low

P0264 Cylinder 2 Injector Circuit Low

P0267 Cylinder 3 Injector Circuit Low

P0270 Cylinder 4 Injector Circuit Low

P0502 Vehicle Speed Sensor A Circuit Low Input (This is from my VSS module issue)

All codes were listed twice.

I also found out there is a procedure you can do with a plug under the dash that will cause the ABS light to flicker in morse code to give ABS codes. I'll be doing that shortly to figure out what's causing that issue.

Sounds like you forgot to hook up whirring harness and turned on car. Clear codes and go for test drive

SudoSTI

Holy shit.... I wonder if they're still there from cranking from the compression test.....

SudoSTI

Well actually I reset the ECU via RomRaider after reflashing.with Rev1 from [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]. That should have cleared any codes, correct?

SudoSTI

Right, RomRaider gives the option to reset the ECU which I did after the reflash.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow, that's a lot of codes. I think my heart would drop if I ever got that many! :lol:

SudoSTI

I would normally be more concerned but being that George and I are using the Carberry rom and it's uncharted territory for either of us I'm still not sure what to expect all the time.

SudoSTI

Did some poking around and I think the cam sensor codes have to do with the Carberry rom being based off the old GroupN rom for AVCS cars, which I don't have, so I think they just need to be turned off. Especially being that I only have one cam sensor, not two like the JDM STI engines haha. Still not sure what's up with the injectors though...

SudoSTI

Anyone have quick latch suggestions? The side clips for my front bumper aren't working for shit and I would rather it not pop off and me drive over it on the highway.