Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The W8 that they offered in a few cars is basically a 4.0L made up of two VR4's, if those existed but you get the idea.

Dude!!!!!! Passat w8 are frickin nasty!!!!!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Almost bought a 97 gti vr6. Dealer let me have it for a day. I tore some cars up that day! Lol

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Almost bought a 97 gti vr6. Dealer let me have it for a day. I tore some cars up that day! Lol

What the hell kind of dealership lets you have a car for a day?! Did you put any money down or anything at all??

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I remember the VR6 being rated at 174hp/170-ish tq. It seemed like every damn bit, if not more, made it to the wheels. The thing was just so damn full of torque.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
The VW Golf R32 is a bored and stroked, upgraded version of the 2.8L VR6. The R32 of course has a 3.2L VR6. Those motors are wild, and one of the fastest cars I've ever raced around the auto-x track was a Golf R32 with a centrifugal supercharger and a full Neuspeed exhaust.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Give it some gas son!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
What the hell kind of dealership lets you have a car for a day?! Did you put any money down or anything at all??

It was about 1999. The car had sat on the lot for nearly 2 years. Bright yellow. I remember him throwing me the keys and saying be back by dark. Lol
It had about 7000 on the ticker and was used in my eyes. They were asking like 17900 for it which I believe was new price. Tried to get them to come down and they wouldn't one red cent, so I walked and bought an Acura legend 2 door L with the v6. 3.2l ??
The Acura was very quick too!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Had I been on the stock turbo at the time, I would have been moving a bit quicker. This GT30 is great, but not on THAT course.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
That VW was smokin it! Damn son.

I can definitely see the disadvantage of the bigger turbos on that little course.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I had the misfortune of owning one of these VW things. It was a 2002 GTi. It was the single worst experience I ever had with a car in my entire history. It was plagued with problems, it was ass heavy and it was unstable in evasive maneuvers or on uneven surfaces. It was in the shop more than it was on the road.

To this day VW still has not solved their coil pack problems. How effing hard is it to make a coil?

Here were my issues:

-Coil packs, 4x
-Both window regulators
-Steering rack 2x
-Ignition switch
-A number of different sensors
-Catalytic converter
-Subframe bolts were loose or missing from the factory
-Rotors due to premature wear
-All four rims. Paint was peeling after two months
-Transmission

There was more but I can't remember it all. I can only remember the things that gave me high blood pressure.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Well my wife has a 2012 TDI and it's great for our road trips. I hope she gets a job in the city so I can DD it around.

In all fairness, if other manufacturers had affordable diesels (i think only BMW has a sedan, and its a premium 135d), we might've opted for another manufacturer.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION]d you already saw this article. :rofl: