100 octane!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I have ran 100 Octane in my STi with a map for my car and was wondering if anyone else has ever done this? Man does it love it, but is quiet expensive around here. I think right now is $8.50 a gallon here.

Bluedemon_II

We don't have 100oct at the pump here. Hell we don't have E85. I use Meth inject to compensate. Tuning it again now since I changed the base pressure and Had to re tune the crap out of it.

I did use a mix of 93 oct with 4 gallons of c16 to a full tank. It was kick ass.

jswansti

Never ran 100 octane. There's a place or two here that have it during the summer some times. E85 is pretty popular here.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I use to run 100 octane before I discovered e85. I have had it tuned for both at one point and can say I believe e85 to be better.

The advantage with 100 though is you don't have to change out injectors to run it. Technically you don't even have to tune for it. With e85 you get the low cost of the fuel but you have the initial cost of injectors, pump and a tune.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Huh didn't know that Holy.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
If you have no access to 100 octane fuel then you can use 3 gallons of toluene to 10 gallons of 91. This will typically yield you about 98 octane or more. To get 93 it is something like 1 gallon.

The stuff aint cheap though but it works out less than 100 from the pump. I believe you can source it from a paint supply store. I tried it once in my GTI when I put in a bad tank of gas. Worked wonders.

Last edited:

suba_ruuuu

If you have no access to 100 octane fuel then you can use 3 gallons of toluene to 10 gallons of 91. This will typically yield you about 98 octane or more. To get 93 it is something like 1 gallon.

The stuff aint cheap though but it works out less than 100 from the pump. I believe you can source it from a paint supply store. I tried it once in my GTI when I put in a bad tank of gas. Worked wonders.

thanks for the info! ive been reading up a lot on toluene, seems like a lot of people are using it but it is expensive. ill proly give it a try!

bue car

you gotta buy toluene in large quantities.. like with me fool. im down to split some cans. better rid yourself of cats though.

or not waste your time ;)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
you gotta buy toluene in large quantities.. like with me fool. im down to split some cans. better rid yourself of cats though.

or not waste your time ;)

Why. Toluene is a pure hydro carbon, even more pure that gasoline, therefore emissions and cat safe.