15' STI AP new map Question.

I did the upgraded from Stage1 93 V340 to the Stage1 93 V342 last week. My question is the feedback Knock the first map never went over 1.2. Since I did the new map it's now hitting 2.8. Should I worry about this or just leave it alone? I am Stock other than the AP.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] what do you think?

sacnvz

Ya know, after I went from V340 to V342 I had some knock going on. Nothing crazy, just random knock events while under boost. I was seeing -1.4, and -2.8. After filling up with a new tank of gas the engine seems to be running much better now. I almost don't see anymore events in FBK or FKL. I am running the ACN 91 map though, no 93 out here in Cali. You might want to give that a try. Keep the boost low until you can fill up. I've also read somewhere it may take a little bit of time for the ECU to adjust to the new map. Does your DAM stay at 1.00?

Also, I see that you're a Lifetime, after you fill up with a new tank, do a couple a of datalogs and post them on here for [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] to check them out.

I have been running this map since Last Thurs. It was hitting 2.8 everyday so far. I filled the tank up on Sunday and Hit 2.8 on Monday. Forgot to check it on the way to work today. I'll run a data log going home today.
Also my DAM is staying at 1.00.
Thanks for the input so far. I'll post my data when I get home

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I have been running this map since Last Thurs. It was hitting 2.8 everyday so far. I filled the tank up on Sunday and Hit 2.8 on Monday. Forgot to check it on the way to work today. I'll run a data log going home today.
Also my DAM is staying at 1.00.
Thanks for the input so far. I'll post my data when I get home

Do you get the knock while cruising, normal driving. Or does it happen under power? As suggested, a log would be great.

here is some data.

guess the site doesn't accept csv. i hope you can view this

Attachments

• datalog5.xls
    1.8 MB · Views: 76

sacnvz

How's the car running this week? I'm no expert at reviewing datalogs, just comparing yours to my last two logs yours looks much cleaner. Interesting drive home for me today, I didn't get any knock whatsoever and the car has been running great. I know that sounds weird because that's essentially what we want. I swear the Accessport causes anxiety. LOL

Haha I have only looked at my Datalog so I have no idea if it's running clean or not lol. What are you looking at to know it's running clean? Knock only?
It seems to run fine. other than looking at the AP and seeing Knock hit 2.8 :(

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Okay there is both good and bad here. The good thing is that the ECU is doing exactly what it is supposed to do to protect your engine while maintaining enough timing. Though Feedback Knock Correction is taking away as much as 2.8 degrees, dynamic advance is adding as much as 4 so your total timing is still more than base timing in every case. So the ECU wants to add as much timing as possible to the threshold of knock and then drops it down till there is none. It is a bad thing if your total timing is less than base timing because that means your base timing is to high for the fuel and/or conditions you are running at the time and dynamic advance is not effective. So in the end your ECU is doing exactly what it is designed to do. There is no damage occurring.

The other good thing is that the knock diminishes as the run progresses so it starts out removing 2.8 but then decreases. If it increases, it means that the knock event was more significant and is likely a potential damaging type of event.

The bad thing is that there is knock during WOT and that is never a good thing. ideally you want to eliminate any and all knock during WOT so you may do well with an adjustment. Typical tuning strategy would have you tune your base timing map to be very conservative so you would rarely ever reach a condition where total timing is less than base. Then you would add more timing with the dynamic advance maps. The OEM does this but the base map is still to aggressive for some regions and for different fuels.

You have a premium membership so you are entitled to complimentary tunes. We can do a full tune or just an adjustment. it is up to you but I recommend a full tune. The only thing is that you will have to have a wide band AFR gauge installed and able to log. Otherwise we can make simple adjustments to your timing maps.

First off Thanks so much for taking time out to check this out for me!!! For real.

Okay I have no idea how to install an AFR. So I guess just help with a simple adj to the timing map.

sacnvz

I'm planning to get the one from AEM. [MENTION=3232]CSF707[/MENTION] how's your AF gauge working for you?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I to recommend AEM.

I will PM you details soon on how to get started with the adjustment.

I'm planning to get the one from AEM. @CSF707 how's your AF gauge working for you?

I have the AEM (30-4110) UEGO, but I never had it welded yet xP Sorry [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]
I reverted back to stock for the time being, switched it when I went in for my 2nd free oil change a few weeks ago.
Still not sure what's causing the mpg to drop abit, other than it being MUCH faster with your tune Lols.