2008 Subaru STI white smoke

Darkhorse

hey guys...yet another challenge i need your advise on. my car has been consuming coolant for at least 2 continuous trips...about 530km one way and the coolant is finished on the coolant bottle. however there will still be some coolant left on the radiator and the bottle next to the turbo. i have never experienced any overheating issues. after this observation, which happened twice, next morning i tried to start my car i realised a white smoke coing out of the exhaust. i thot maybe its just a bit of oil which will fade shortly but still the smoke continued. i realized that the smoke came out when the car is idling and slowly fades away...again when you rev the engine and idle the smoke comes again. my question is do i have a leaking cylinder head of which this coolant might have found its way in to the head?...or from your experience what do i need to do? if so that i need to remove the cylinder, is it best to do it with the engine intact on the car or i have to remove it? thanks in advance...

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Yea that sounds like a head gasket leak to me. Go ahead and check your oil too and make sure it's not milky with coolant.

My guess too.
You should be able to do this while the engine is in the car though I'd imagine it's a real pain but removing the engine would be a pain as well.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I believe head gasket as well. You can definitely do it while the engine is in the car but you might have to loosen the motor mounts and and the pitch stop and lift the motor a little bit.

Darkhorse

...thanks a lot guys for your valuable support. ..guess i have a lot of work to do...the oil level looks fine and the oil is stil undiluted.thanx once again:)