2015+ TPMS Inquiry

stirtm3

So this might be the silliest thing you all with the 2015+ STis. With this recent winter weather in the Mid Atlantic and all my friends going out in their WRXs with winter tires I was thinking about the new integrated Dash. I haven't purchased my STi yet but with changing from winter to summer tires are the new dashes able to set different TPS between the two? I know Subi isn't Porsche but I know they have done it since 09 because of my Dad's 911. But you would think a brand that actually goes in the snow would of thought of that instead of going to the dealer or just having the idiot light on during winter.

Thanks

Isn't there a way to disable or turn off the TPMS sensor? There are cars in Europe that don't have TPMS, so I'd imagine you can just tell the car to ignore it. Maybe something a dealer could disable? Unless there's some sort of "If your car has TPMS, it has to have it on" law in the US that prevents them from disabling this feature?

Yea its standard new thing these days. Maybe there's a thing when editing the rom data, is this possible to shut off via romraider? [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]

stirtm3

[MENTION=3232]CSF707[/MENTION] think I would go into some device like you posted originally. Turning the TPMS off I think is kind of dumb. It's a nice tool to have to say a tire is running low if you have a tire defect. That and I am not sure about Subaru, however I know other manufacturers tie the TPMS into the TBS or VSA or w/e you want to all it system as well. It would just seem that disabling it would be time consuming, pain in the ass, and kind of pointless. Especially if I pay a shop to disable it vs the alternative which is just resetting the system to new sensor with a tool that would cost the same or less.

Yea don't get me wrong, I was just exploring options. I know when he was tuning my data, I know he turned off a few things somehow so I figure that extra thing was also possible. Not sure, I would need to open up romraider myself and see if it was there.

Anywho, that nifty device seems pretty cool. Stores two sets of tires to swap between.
I really want to have a windows tablet mounted in the car that I can hook up romraider+wideband to, that way I can have my live logging screen up like an Cobb AP. But also to use this tool when I have two sets of wheels to switch between without bringing my massive Alienware laptop lol.