2016 WRX owners

Hey everyone the new FA20 motor is a new concept to me. I don't know jack about the FA20 compared to what I know about the EJ series. I have heard buzzing on the inter webs that people are having oil consumption issues with some models of Forester, Legacy, Impreza, and Tribeca. Also the cars were new! I don't think my car has any issues because I have properly been braking in the motor under 4K and no more than 10psi. Engine braking down hills and letting the car warm up in this super cold weather. I have 240 miles on my16 WRX now and I haven't checked my oil.

Purchased on 1/07/16
2016 WRX base
235 miles

No issues to report +1
I have full extended warranty +1

Any concerns please ask!
Pictures for attention!
359038abe64e662c4782fef9cd38b216.jpg
238960350b283c9b5860da18fac47d0d.jpg
b597564ae890b1ffa3886ba3eff1902c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Nice car! I don't know to much about that FA myself but there are many aspects of it that I like much better than the EJ. I think the oil consumption issue is hard to solve just because of the boxer engine design itself and I don't think they will ever get rid of it.

I think it is just something we boxer owners have to get use to is checking our oil frequently.:tup:

I agree, no matter what type of boxer it's just a Subaru/Porsche thing. I will check my oil next fill up and post my results

Thanks for the input holy how you been man?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm getting fatter but beyond that I'm just great! :lol:

Haha it's bulking season it's okay haha

Oil Consumption issues were only reported with FB20 and FB25 motors. Outback, Legacy, Forester, and Impreza were having these issues, but it wasn't a widespread problem.
http://allwelldrive.blogspot.com/2016/01/getting-real-with-oil-consumption.html

The FA and FB engines share similar features like a Timing Chain and a top-mounted oil filter. Beyond that, the engines are very different. While the new FA was developed from the FB engine, it has a different block, head, connecting rods, and pistons.

There's a lot that's changed since the EJ-series motors, but Boxer motors have always burned a little more oil than normal motors. As usual, the Media hype, hungry lawyers, and an industry used to shocking recall news have blown the issue out of proportion.