Access Port on an EDM Cars

A friend of mine is travelling to United States, He wants to buy an access port for his car (Subaru WRX STI 2015 EDM). I tried to convenience him to use the RomRaider but he likes the AP as he used in FORD ST and BMW cars. We all know that AP does NOT work with EDM models. so the question is:

If he flashed the USDM ROM on his car he will be able to use the AP?

Wick

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I do not believe it is possible but it has not been tested in quite some time. I believe the AP looks to the ECU identification regardless if the hardware is the same or not. He could try it but that would be an expensive prospect if it didn't work.

Just my $.02

I do not believe it is possible but it has not been tested in quite some time. I believe the AP looks to the ECU identification regardless if the hardware is the same or not. He could try it but that would be an expensive prospect if it didn't work.

Just my $.02
Thanks Goerge. I did flashed a USDM rom on my car before (AZ1G202G) and it was working fine. But I dont know how the access port works to communicate to the ECU is it with the ECUID and CALID? If yes, I guess it should work. But need any confirmation from an expert.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Thanks Goerge. I did flashed a USDM rom on my car before (AZ1G202G) and it was working fine. But I dont know how the access port works to communicate to the ECU is it with the ECUID and CALID? If yes, I guess it should work. But need any confirmation from an expert.
You might need to ask someone at Cobb then. I'm just not sure. I suppose you could flash a stock USDM rom on the car with RR and then marry the AccessPort.