AP help.

I replaced it. The gasket came in early. I wasn't going to but did.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well. I'm going to stay with the tune on it until I have the funds to go bigger. For now it's fine, it runs okay.

Alright. So a random update on this today. It was raining here, pretty hard. I can't drive the car when it floods, due to air filter placement with the cai. That said, I had stuff to do. Go pick up court papers, get a haircut for job interview on Monday, etc. So, I removed the second half of the injen intake, to move the filter into the engine bay so I could go run around. Odd thing is, the afr gauge read 14.8 at idle, stable. I mean it didn't move. It still hits 10 flat under boost, but, it also had a vacuum ready of 18 inch. Hmm. Odd. Put it back on and it goes right back to acting up. So it's off now as a short ram. Anyone else think this is odd?

Here's another one too. This one is very, very odd. It started this month, when you fill up the car at a gas station, from 1/4 tank, half tank, or 3/4, wherever, it acts like it reset the ecu. It cranks longer, eventually starts, and according to the afr gauge, it's idling at 12 flat. Shut it off, start it back up and it idles at 14.7 and all is well. Anyone ever seen this happen?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What the hell is going on with the car, man?!

Dude, I honestly have no clue. There is so much weird crap that I can't find anyone who has the issue.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What fuel pump you running?

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

Well, I just saw this. Tapatalk quit giving notifications. Ugh. It's stock as far as I know. Ron has tuned it since day one and he said the po didn't change it out. On another note, I put it to 15psi to see what happened. Runs so rich at wot that the uego gauge reads 10 flat then starts flashing. Ron did say it was running at 20% so there is a leak. But I can't find it at all! Argh!!! She runs great, went back to 17 and it still does 10 flat, but no flash. I'm tempted to put it at 22-23 to see what it does.

More info. Something I didn't notice before, usually cause I'm slow in the mornings. I fired it up today, about 845am. Ambient temp outside was roughly 70ish. The car pulled hard as hell, until it reached full operating temp, then it started acting up again. I don't get it. I'm so frustrated with this thing.

Well then. Another interesting item. It's when the car is cold. When it's cold, it runs phenomenal. Pulls hard, smooth all over. Once it is at operating temp, it starts doing its bs, the stutter, the feeling like it's not boosting when the gauge and sound says otherwise. Ugh.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Did you find the leak that you suggested a couple posts back! If it is going rich while under boost then the leak is likely after the turbo somewhere. The only way to find it is with a proper boost leak test.

To be honest there is nothing anyone here can do until all leaks are fixed.

Well, since then, all hoses and gaskets from the intake manifold back have been replaced. The only option is the fuel system. When you fill it up at the gas station, it will crank a little longer then start up and run rough with afrs below 12 at idle.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Did you ever do an actual boost leak test? You could probably do it yourself if you have a compressor. They sell testor at frozenboost.com

My buddy Brandon did it after everything was replaced, no leaks. Did another comp and leak down as well.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
It sounds like you might need a retune after all of the fixes.

It's possible. But, I'm not even running the correct intake. My air filter got knocked off the kstech one and ran over. So I have the wrong size intake on it now.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That sounds like an issue right there. It should be tuned for a specific intake so it definitely sounds tune related to me at this point. :tup:

But see, that's where the issue is. That intake was on after it was fixed, and still ran just as crappy. There was no difference.

Okay, doing a once over the whole car day. Pulled injectors, clean, no damage. Plugs, still new. Pulled fuel pump and the sock was laying in the box thing not connected. It's back on now. Question though. I have a pump in front of me, my tuner gave it to me in a subaru parts clean out in his garage. It matches the a42h24 number, but the others are different. Any thoughts on this? I was trying to find out if it's the same flow rate just a different lot number or something.

Here is mine that's been in the car.
83940554a8330e73e4f1a7d92f8ddb30.jpg

Here is the one I was given.
14ec87d924b84798abd718e9321f3ae9.jpg