Bone stock 05 wrx/sti

Honestly if you want big numbers why don't you get a "better" platform to begin with, like something with more than 4 cylinders. Do you want an awd platform for sure? Hell even an evo with those numbers doesn't make for a nice reliable DD. Just my opinion though.

35r

I don't care about being a reliable DD. I have a ton of cars, this doesn't need to be on the road every day. And i hate American cars. Iv had them, i prefer Japanese. You don't need more than 4cyl if you build your motor properly. I make more power now than most 8cyl cars and i run just fine. I just want more. Stock sleeves blow up around 600whp, so a nice sleeved shortblock will help in the end goal. I have a few friends that are running similar setups and make over 800whp with relatively close tq. It can be done. Its just the average Subaru owner does not have deep enough pockets to do it. And if they do, they do it half assed and blow up 3 pulls into tuning. STi's aren't cheap to build, thats why you rarely see anything over 5-600whp. But it can most certainly be done.

Oh I have no doubt it can be done, but as you said it ain't cheap. When you could put that money to a nicer more reliable platform and possibly make more HP.

Can you ballpark the price tag on all the upgrades to reach that level? Just curious. It is pretty damn cool though to see this platform reach that level. It must feel like a damn rocketship.

35r

Twin setup was alin spotting a typo hahaha. And as far as cost, the few guys that i know have upwards of $15k invested in the motor. It all depends on brands and who you know that can give you deals. Luckily i know enough people from reputable places that are able to hook me up here and there whether it be machine work or parts.

Oh that's a lot less than I had expected. Somehow I was thinking of about somewhere between 25-30k. But that would be my guess from a stock STi going to those levels.

Can't wait to see the progress of this build regardless.

35r

That was just motor work. Not including turbo setup or any exhaust or ic and plumbing. And the guys that i know do also work for shops, so they are getting things at cost if not cheaper.

Oh damn, so it could end up being in that price point. Yea it's always nice to know people and get things close to cost. What snail would you need to make those numbers? I've seen the 6262 around 600.

35r

Idk, i mean the one i have will take me close, but i was thinking about a 6466 if i need to go bigger.

35r

Im just gonna leave this here.
2ca427f6d4f7a5d3ee5f43b9c00db1d9.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Can you take a good clarity shot of that?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Video is set to private.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I would drive it! :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sounds better than @Alin STi! :rofl: