Boost spiking questions

This is my first turbo car that I have owned and modded, so forgive my ignorance on this, but I can't find a definitive answer.

Entirely stock other than an Invidia N1 CBE, Perrin 60mm gauge (connected on the tube located on the right of the BPV), and AEM high plow panel filter.

After installing my N1, I have noticed when doing pulls that I sometimes peak at about 17-18 psi in second and third gear as soon as I am off the clutch and on throttle...typically in the 4-5000 RPM range. My gauge will blip to 18, and then drop immediately down to 14.5 without adjusting the gas pedal (knowingly). This entire process happens about as fast as the needle moves on the electronic boost gauge, so it is very brief. Maybe a quarter second. I typically hear my warning tone on my gauge and glance at the needle as soon as it fixes itself.

What could be causing this? Is this something I should worry about?

Thanks!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Is this a cat-back exhaust or a full turbo back exhaust?

If it is a cat-back then typically this does not happen, but the N1 is so free flowing, it is like there is no exhaust on it at all. In this case you can live with it as long as it doesn't hit the fuel cut limit, which it does not seem to be doing. An OTS stage 1 tune would probably help with this if you have a Cobb AccessPort.

If this is a full turbo back exhaust, then you require a stage 2 tune.

As a premium member you are entitled to free e-tuning provided you know how to log and use the required software and have a wide band installed and able to log from.

I have the Catback.

I'm not sure I know what fuel cut off feels like, but it sounds pretty self explanatory. I have not experienced any loss of power when this spike happens, usually a bit more of a punch until boost goes back to something I am used to.