Brandon's 2012 ISM STI

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I have thats identical to it but not in my car yet.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yes it is a good turbo. Quick spool for a larger turbo and ball bearing construction and good support. It is one of those time tested turbos like FP and ATP. It supports around 400-450 whp with ease and is good for daily drivers.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Storage time already?!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
We have a chance of snow too. :( it sucks especially if youre on summer tires. :lol:

My injectors came in yesterday :)
Unwrapping it. Rallysport does excellent wrapping and fills the box with paper lol

BsV9iVd.jpg

In the pretty box

xrWEAIT.jpg

Deatschwerks advertising their in tank fuel pumps. No need :) already have one lol

r6NCbd9.jpg

Forgot all about this forum for returning stock/oem injectors for cash. Awesome!

uGiPImx.jpg

And the injectors with the Bosch core and adapters included.

lIHzJof.jpg

Now for the engine. I've never seen an engine blow so bad! She had a fully supported 20g setup. Brand new short block from subaru but it wasn't built in any way. Only thing we can figure is the bearing seized cause the rod to extremely heat up and let go.

Here is the rod up through the block

SsCUtQ4.jpg

K0FAtR4.jpg

Next is pics of the top of the piston blown into about 8 big pieces and a lot of other small ones lol

m8Jsh88.jpg

px4xks2.jpg

You can see the rod right up though the piston when we removed some of the pieces

uelhOp6.jpg

And then we took the piston out. Crazy lol

VihUHM4.jpg

A7nOrXl.jpg

MK9uaDq.jpg

That's all right now. Prob won't be updated for a while other then to upload some pics of the ewg setup but who knows.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Dude! That damaged engine!!!! :shock:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That left a big mark.