Brandon's 2012 ISM STI

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Pics!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sweetness!

Next you want to use a torch to heat the bolts so the stud will shrink and you can unbolt the DP

ddJ7hv3.jpg

Next undo all the coolant lines from the turbo and unbolt from the downpipe. Be sure you have cardboard or plastic under the car for the amount of coolant that comes out

juk72fz.jpg

Pic from below before turbo came off

M1y0j57.jpg

The stock turbo next to the FP Green

oGJalex.jpg

My buddy picking at the turbo lol

WIsJlW3.jpg

Wastegate braket installed

dVVIIct.jpg

Turbo blanket on

uEJ6bIH.jpg

Uppipe mounted to turbo cause it was easier to install the nuts and bolts with the turbo out.

Bie6NxO.jpg

But in order to get the 3 bolt uppipe down through we had to jack the engine up.

CVFNh2H.jpg

Trying to mount the turbo.

uqH7CwH.jpg

Pondering on what to do. We had a lot of trouble getting the oil drain line to line up and mount the lower bracket to the turbo. The way the flange was made by Forced Performance it proved diffucult to mount to the bracket.

0KHScH8.jpg

Pic of the wastegate

cIPQWks.jpg

a gasket I found pinch in the bottom of the engine lol god only knows how long that was there.

KZc4GZr.jpg

This is the part of the flange and the oil feed line. Very tight access.

thpc1zY.jpg

Mounting the wastegate and dump tube. This is about the only position it can go in and wont interfere with anything. Just make sure that the dump tube is making direct contact with the CV boot.

gsKKnxY.jpg

Pic of the old header

eldOUOI.jpg

So we had some trouble lining up the inlet pipe to the intake and turbo so we thought it was best to take the manifold off. I was not there when it was taken off so I have no pics :( but below is when we started to take the TGV off. This is the connector for the TGV accuator.

1NrVXX9.jpg

Disconnecting the fuel lines on the manifold

P2Wib1r.jpg

Manifold off

6hFjNZx.jpg

What a mess of hoses lol

qSaNTRU.jpg

there are some long bolts that keep the TGV in place. Its best to unscrew the accuator on the TGV so you have more room to haul them out. The driver side is more tight then the passanger.

W7e6Gs4.jpg

RInDeC2.jpg

The accuator motor

b8Nv5kU.jpg

Stock injectors next to the Deatschwerks EV14 1000cc injectors

j8QkP3n.jpg

Once the stock TGV are off there is a few very visable bolts that keep the fuel rails to the TGV. Unbolt those and mount them to the new ones if you have them that is. Some people choose to port the stock TGV. The fuel rails mounted to the new Zero lift TGV deletes.

6rrfKs2.jpg

A4d7y9G.jpg

FtNfUvK.jpg

Note the the fuel rails will be different on both sides.

The new O-rings installed. These are a bit of a bitch. I used a flat top to install the o-rings. and used some fluid film to it was nice and greasy. I applied pressure to each corner when installed them. Once the o-ring is solid I used the flat end of the flat top to smooth out the o-ring.

wKxqqCk.jpg

Re-installing the TGV.

sZHkdy4.jpg

Installed. Make sure that you tape up the stock TGV accuator connections and plug the injectors back in.

PLHSujE.jpg

New gaskets in place and trying to line up the manifold. So many connections associated with this thing. make sure to label all lines with different colour tape or something else. Also the grounding wire need to be mounted somewhere else cause the TGV are no longer metal. It was able to reach the chasis.

ArTp4Xf.jpg

The lines where a bit to close so we snugged in some cardboard.

vujSxYh.jpg

Next was to get hoses for the ewg. Grimmspeed does up and excellent pictures for running the hoses to their EBCS. I bought 6 ft of 3/16 rubber line for the setup. I couldnt find any plastic T's so I used a brass fitting.

yrdj1QU.jpg

The line that goes to the turbo.

1gwE8J1.jpg

The 2 hoses that go to the ewg go on the biggest rigis nipples. Both are located on the side. the rest of the nipples are for coolings lines. Which I didnt set up. Cause I dont track my car.

Eir4Lvx.jpg

I realized once I installed the Perrin EBCS cover I installed the EBCS wrong lol so dont mind that pic hah

C0Ul3SG.jpg

Next I took off my front lip and put a CS style one on. This is pretty straight forward. Unclip the old one and use the supplied screws with the new front lip.

o8wLk2P.jpg

CnCApf7.jpg

Lip off

AMBy5mO.jpg

My buddy did the install on the fuel regulator so I cant really say anything again... :(

g0bsVy6.jpg

RlaZRfh.jpg

Everything on

6pA5HwJ.jpg

Mounting the wheels

f6bv1Ng.jpg

Some pics of the wheels when I got the tires on

pgQ5Ruf.jpg

68vZm4x.jpg

So next was to install the Cobb access port. So I requested the software from Cobb using the code under the face plate and couldnt get my base tune to work. So I tried re-installing the software again and when I tried to upload the tune it said on the access port that it was locked to a different access port. Come to fine out that the access port was labeled wronf and ended up having to get my access port number through the access port itself. After I did that the tune was uploaded correctly. So after I installed the new tune I started the car. It was very rough and all over the place. I shut it off and after inspectio come to find that the Camshaft sensor on the passanger side was not plugged back in. She still had a rough idle due to the bigger injectors and I drove to my tuners place in limp mood. Nerve racking lol this was the codes it through.

6DzWv8P.jpg