IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Now that's an update!

Loved it.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You might want [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] to look at your tune.

Ok so here is some updates. My car is over boosting at times and sometimes its not hitting full boost. So I found out that the hose kept coming off the ebcs due to being mounted wrong. So when it was repositioned I tie wrapped all hoses on the ebcs. I need a new Map sensor badly. Due to the 2 bar map sensor stock the boost bes all over the place. I thought the ebcs would control it and it does at times, but not sure what to think. The tune thats on it is just to get me by. Ill still be getting it tuned by Johnson Tuning. My car is literally drinking oil. So for now im going to go with a heavier weight. So far I got the Valvoline 20w50 VR1 racing oil. After some talking to a few different people what im thinking is either the oil is old and in dire need of an oil change or that the pistons are sloppy and during warm up alot of oil passes through. The grimmspeed aos isnt doing that great of a job either so ill have to be switching that out. I also have the belief that my clutch is slipping which is good and bad lol

So update! My car as you know is doing some oil burning. So we done a leak down test and a compression test. Leak down test showed 2 cylinders are around 7% and the other 2 are about 14-15% which isnt great for just forged pistons. While doing these tests we noticed that my Grimmspeed AOS is leaking oil just to add to the mess. So I should make it through the summer. Currently working with Corbin at Johnson Tuning to get my tune done up.

Also done my oil change

87zgEB8.jpg

So this is the oil I used. Its thicker then the Rotalla so lets see if it helps any.

BqaXrfD.jpg

Also ran into this issue. The corner of my intercooler was rubbing up against up hood due to the coolant line going to the turbo.

mgM6U0E.jpg

lgfh4je.jpg

So we cut off a bit of the coolant line and replaced it with rubber line.

ppJ9s2F.jpg

So an new AOS is in order and a engine build coming up over the winter. I will be upgrading the entire short block and now just deciding on if ill upgrade the valvetrain and also thinking if Ill get Cams. Heard some horror storys for Cams in these engines so that will be decidied within the next couple months. Right now Im leaning towards this setup; Weisco Pistons. Might go with the stock 99.5mm or go with 100mm and bore it out to fit. K1 connectiong rods seems to be an amazing set of rods. ARP bolts including head studs and King Racing bearings, stock crank and valvetrain is still being researched. It looks like I might be getting Tech Works Engineering to build my block.

So I have an update. I done a boost leak test and I managed to find 2. Well I found one and can hear the other one.
This was the first.

7vekH6J.jpg

aWDpa0O.jpg

This was an easy fix cause the hose was too long anyways so I just got off the split part and reattached it.

2RZVbdh.jpg

But I noticed when I started the car the amount of oil that came out of the exhaust was gross.

R65RLA9.jpg

and its hard to see but there is a pretty big stream of oil in the intake.

vhuFdN0.jpg

So after talking to my tuner we have come down to either its the turbo which is the last choice just because its brand new pretty much, or maybe its the valve seals or just the block itself. So where im getting the motor redone im going to just store the car soon. But hoping this weekend to get my brakes and headlights on just to get that out of the way.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Do you already have an AOS? That's more of a bandaid, but can definitely help to get some of the oil out of the intake.

Do you already have an AOS? That's more of a bandaid, but can definitely help to get some of the oil out of the intake.

Yes I have the Grimmspeed aos but I have come to realize after talking to a few people the GS aos cant withstand past stage 2 power numbers a lot of times and start to leak like mine is