Break-in Tune?

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Should I return the car to the factory tune while staying out of boost in the break-in period? Not familiar with what is best to do here.

It currently has a 93oct map and an e85 map. e85 is the map thats loaded and is what is in the tank. I was thinking I should flush out the e85 and break in on 93.

Thoughts?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Again I posted three time in this thread and every thing is gone...

Anyway... do as Rek has prescribed. Run it dry on the E85 tune and then switch to 93. Just stay out of boost.

If you are using the injectors and intake that i gave you then you must use these maps to start with. don't try any other OTS map with those injectors and intake.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
No problem. I can work on my dad's carburated drag car, my old mustang, but i am brand new to AP. You mentioned looking at the maps to make them very DD. Can i pull them onto my computer and send them? Sorry for the noobish questions here, this is the first time I have done anything other than open source.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
After the break-in is complete we can tune over the internet but consider this...

The 93 tune should be setup already as a great DD tune for both cloased and open loop. Maybe it can be tweaked for your local fuel and elevation. The E85 tune is already tuned for closed loop but the open loop still needs work... We can easily tune that over the internet but that could take days to accomplish... versus me coming there and finishing it up in an hour or two. Plus to really tune properly I use a combination of live and log interpretation. If we do it over the internet I can only use log interpretation and the results will not be optimal.

I can send you the install file for AccessTuner Race for that car and AccessPort combination on Monday. That will gain you access to the maps. Tuning with the AP is very similar to OpenSource.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
That would be great if you could send me the install file, thanks. We can discuss the tuning more when that time comes.