GR Cherry's 2011 OBP Mobile Money Incinerator

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Dang 140. Nice.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Very nice. Cockpit view next time please!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
*sniff* poor Oak Tree is gone!

That back straight is a monster! But next time, ask your instructor about the race line through 14. Basically from the bottom of the dip you just straight-line it towards the apex at the top of the hill. I think its faster and you're not doing as much braking and cornering at the same time which often feels safer when cresting a hill!

Btw, howd your brakes hold up?

orestes85

14 as in the downhill hard right in the rollercoaster into the soft left going into hogpen? I changed the line towards the end and would track way out to the edge coming out of the left hander going into hogpen, allowed me a faster, smoother, entry. I could trail brake going down the hill into hogpen, enter the steering angle and hold it there and accelerate all the way through the final corner into the front straight. I wish the go pro had been on for the final session. I had a lot of wide open track and had a solid line almost the entire time. My biggest issues were at turn 4 and turn 12 (into the back straight). I got FAST through the esses and through turn 10 (left hand going down hill into oak tree) on the last session.

i basically tried to imitate phil grabow going through 14, 15, 16, and 17.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That poor Mystic Blue G35 :(

What did you do to the front bumper that it's so flimsy at the high speeds? I also noticed a white wire whimpering through the air! :lol: (noob questions) :tup:

orestes85

Went into turn 1 too hot and just aborted and went off track. Fender liners got ripped off the bumper. we zip tied them later. The plug is for the fog lights (which i don't have installed anymore) The bumper is basically just held on by the plastic rivets under the hood, lol.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Went into turn 1 too hot and just aborted and went off track. Fender liners got ripped off the bumper. we zip tied them later. The plug is for the fog lights (which i don't have installed anymore) The bumper is basically just held on by the plastic rivets under the hood, lol.

Do you have that on video? I've never been to the track, so I'm curious as to what that experience would be like. Yikes! Gotta love zipties! :lol:

About how many laps have you finished on that track?

orestes85

i have probably 60-80 laps on VIR from the two days. I do have it on video on one of the go-pros. It wasn't too spectacular though lol.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NdpdDzN1tE That's Phil. He hits the top of the back straight at around 1:45.

The textbook line is to stay a bit to the right, then gradual left to hug the outside for a nice right-hand turn-in to 14 (? I think its 14--the roller coaster).
But watch Phil. At 1:48 hes already pointing to the left of the dip, and he goes pretty might directly at the apex of 14 without hugging the left side.

I like that line better for the more straight-line braking.

orestes85

This is the line I wanted to take, but my instructor preferred using a less aggressive line. His turn in into 13 was considerably more aggressive than what I was using, however.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Sick.... F**king... Pics... So sick. Very nice. You have quenched my thirst!!!!!

Also front lip = lol

Although sad to see :(

:tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Great pics.

Thanks for the Facebook posts. :tups:

orestes85

Deploying again soon! Time for a motor check up + new headgasket.

Coming soon:

Buschur Racing Double Pumper
ID 2000cc Fuel Injectors
Element Tuning Hydra Nemesis 2.7 Standalone ECU
Koyo Racing Radiator (first one was broked on delivery, koyo wouldn't take it back due to time since being purchased before installation, approx 6 months)
Quantum Brake Ducts + custom fab inlets (Ducts and high temp hose already purchased)
Custom EL Manifold with 1.6" primaries (ETS ELH has 1.9 inch, this will hopefully pull my powerband back to the left a little bit and widen it out)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Dang! You don't play around do you?

Nice list.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ain't nobody got time for that! He's a man on the move! Progress is the only thing on his resume right now! :lol: :tup: :tard: :fuji: