GR Cherry's 2011 OBP Mobile Money Incinerator

orestes85

Still waiting on a set of cams. GSC s1 for DAVCS are also nowhere to be found...A source has 2 sets of cams for DAVCS supposed to arrive next week, s1s and s2s apparently...so whichever set arrives first will be getting sent to me and that will be what the car is running. I'm also kinda writing a blank check so that the shop can have free reign to do whatever they need to do to finish up the rest of the car (MAP Sensor, Fueling, Cooling, finishing items).

Grinder34

Track Monkey
the cams in yet?

orestes85

Cams will hopefully be delivered NEXT week :( I just got back to the US on Tuesday so I'm heading down to the shop when I can find a ride down there so I can inventory all the parts that I've had delivered and make sure everything is accounted for and in working order. As soon as the shop gets the cams then they'll go straight in and we'll get it tuned and I'll have my baby back. I'll post any updates as I get them, but I don't plan on the car being on the road until the end of this month :(

orestes85

Thank you very much! Might be able to find a ride out there this afternoon. If so then I'll be taking my camera with me and getting photos of the sexy CF parts that I ordered through BulletProof Automotive. According to the guys down at the shop...the hood is gorgeous.

orestes85

So, the car is still down but we're making good progress and building up speed on getting everything complete. We had some issues and had to tear the motor back down and some stuff is going back to get some machining done. Cams were delivered and everything will be done, hopefully, in 2 weeks. While the motor is getting finalized, the varis kit, suspension, wheels/tires, and all the other odds and ends will be finished so when the motor is back it just has to be put back in and thrown on the dyno. I drove up with Matt to drop everything off and talked a bit on the future for the car. Things look promising (and batshit crazy) for the next iteration if I ever make it that far.

edit: also updated main post to accurately reflect everything. Here's to POWEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR

orestes85

Called up the shop yesterday. Hopefully everything will be coming together next week if everything goes well. I'm excited :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How much was the total kit?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How long did it take Varis to get it to you?

orestes85

I want to say it took about 3-4 months. I don't exactly remember the day that it arrived at Spec Ops. I had to order it through BulletProof Automotive out in California. They're excellent people to work with.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Good to know. Thanks for the info.

orestes85

No problem. Mark Borushko is their sales guy. He was very easy and enjoyable to work with. If I ever need anything that they can source for me then he'll be the one I go to.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What a thing of beauty!