GD Funk32's 04 STi race car Build V-Mount,TS EFR7163

funk32

looks slow!!! you should give the car to me :) haha but in all seriousness this car is done right, you have so many chassis etc parts i could only dream of, and that twin scroll kit looks sweet. didn't catch the company but it looks good.

serious question i have been thinking about front tubular crossmember (already ready have a m-1 subframe) and tubular rear diff holder. did you feel a difference with it vs stock? or what it just a weight shaving thing? i can read all i want about them from companies and how they help but want a real world testers answer.

keep up the great work. what kind of numbers do you hope to lay down or there isn't a specific one?

the slower comment was for E13's post/car

The front frame is lighter not by too much maybe 5lbs, but it is a lot stiffer. Now I have not used during a track event yet as she is in this state lol.

I am hoping to hit 380/400 ish, I am dropping the meth as it is not allowed in the rules used here, I will also go from 91 shell to 94 husky (only options where I live)

ej25subie05

oh but i intended that comment to be for your car :) lol

good to know that they actually do make a difference

thats it? why so little on a twin scroll? or are there certain rules you have to go by?

i am not hating just curious as to why the low numbers

funk32

twin scroll doesnt mean more power, the same turbo single scroll would make more power.. plus we have a heart breaker of a dyno. stock STi's 220

funk32

not too sure, not a lot of people using this turbo on just gas (crappy canadian gas at that) hoping for full by 3800-4000

funk32

I was able to sort out the dash mounting and switch panel, both made from a CF plates that are pretty thick. still need to add some more warning lights (rear diff temp,dccd,abs and indicators) and some more switches for the rear diff and transmission cooler (pumps/fans) also need to add the stickers for the on button and off/kill button.

Edmonton-20140913-00405 by Funk32, on Flickr

Edmonton-20140914-00408 by Funk32, on Flickr

Edmonton-20140914-00409 by Funk32, on Flickr

funk32

Well, I am home due to an unexpected injury. So to help me feel better I went out and did some very minor work (4 cuts and some moving lol). Was able to get the IC into the correct position, now just need to weld some tabs on to it so it can be securely mounted. I will also be adding some ducting for the rad to ensure the air goes through it and no blowing past it.

Edmonton-20140921-00432 by Funk32, on Flickr

Edmonton-20140921-00433 by Funk32, on Flickr

yes I know there are parts and crap everywhere lol don't judge me. I know where I put it all lol.

funk32

Thank!!

Today I decided to tackle power supply and kill switch wiring. I think all went well, straight forward install.

new Dry cell battery is a PC925, it is not the lightest battery but it is low profile and should last awhile in case I forget to shut down the Armtech system.
Edmonton-20140923-00447 by Funk32, on Flickr

The Armtech system is a pretty cool piece of kit, it houses a kill switch for inside the car and one for outside the car along with a rest button, all FIA approved. What you see is the Armtech main box, the alternator connects here along with the battery pos and neg, then the system grounds through the last connection.
Edmonton-20140923-00448 by Funk32, on Flickr
Edmonton-20140923-00450 by Funk32, on Flickr
Edmonton-20140923-00451 by Funk32, on Flickr

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Deleted the other posts!

We will say it again. HOLY RACE CAR STATUS!!!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
No big deal. We fixed it.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow looking amazing!