Genereation 1 FPGreen or GT3076R? Which is bigger?

05STiOwner

I have a 2005 STi with a Gen. 1 FPGreen turbo pnped and that's it. I was curious if a GT3076R turbo is bigger. I know that the FPGreen is capable of 420awhp on 26lbs. I know the 30R is capable of the same numbers but is the wheel diamater larger than a Green wheel? I want to make good numbers on lowest boost possible. :D

cobbtunedsti

That fp green was screaming (I'm out of breath @26 psi). I made 419whp on e85 @19psi on a mustang dyno..

cobbtunedsti

https://bptstore.3dcartstores.com/mobile/home.asp?#page-25
With a Dom 3xtr.. You might be looking for Blouch 20g??? Makes good power w/o a built engine..

Last edited:

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
It would be a slight upgrade since the green is a 47lb/min turbo and the 3076r is a 52lb/min. FYI, the HTA green is a 54lb and people claim the HTA 3076r is a 57lb but when I emailed FP about it they said it's 59lb so about the same as the FP red :D You can send your current turbo to FP for the HTA upgrade and the HTA greens haul ass bro. Mine does too (HTA 3076r) but mine is twin scroll so kinda unfair to the average person. :p

05STiOwner

I will have to look into that. I know that Gen 1 Greens are hard to find because everything is HTA now. That's not worth the money for a 30R. Turbo I was looking at was $1800. Before I traded my friend Joe my Red for his Green, I sent in the Red and I got the HTA wheel, rebuilt, and all cleaned up for $700. Maybe I'll look into an HTA wheel and also swapping to an 8cm housing. I might even switch the cold side housing to a 3.0 instead of 2.4. I'm not worried about it right now because I have the setup I want. Ya the turbo was screaming for sure, he also had (I believe) EJ20K heads. Can't remember for sure. Definitely JDM heads though. Right now, I am @ 355awhp on 16.75lbs. I still need to get some little things (boost solenoid, fuel press. reg.) like that before I decide to turn it up.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Feel free to post up in Power Bragging ;) You can also start a group for FP greens so everyone can query the greens for power numbers/setups. I started one for 30r's.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
You might have to make it since the database isn't fully built by the users.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
*cough*Full Race twin scroll kit w/ HTA 3076r 1.06a/r = 60lb/min turbo that spools like a 20g *cough, flem* well with the right cams ;)

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Have you thought about any EFR turbo's? You'd need a new dp and intake, maybe an uppipe but they're the latest and greatest against the new Garrett GTX turbo's. There's plenty of threads on those with some results already, though they're just dyno results and not from the street where you can put the boost response into play.

05STiOwner

I also heard that the the HTA spools quicker because the wheel is a little lighter than the original. No twin scroll rotated mounted turbo for me. Everybody is doing them and I don't follow, I lead :lol:. My goal is 420 to 430awhp in stock location. I'm in now hurry to get there either. I still have some parts to buy plus I'm garaging my car in the next couple weeks for a while.

I also heard that the the HTA spools quicker because the wheel is a little lighter than the original. No twin scroll rotated mounted turbo for me. Everybody is doing them and I don't follow, I lead :lol:. My goal is 420 to 430awhp in stock location. I'm in now hurry to get there either. I still have some parts to buy plus I'm garaging my car in the next couple weeks for a while.

A lighter wheel will spool quicker but I doubt it will make up for the fact that its a much larger turbo... I'd have to see a side by side comparo to believe it.

05STiOwner

I would have to agree. I wouldn't mind going from a 47lb/min to 59lb/min. A post said that the HTA has a 59lb/min. RIght now I'm a student and can't afford to much to my car this year :(. I am saving up for ROTA Grids right now :D.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Most hta's single scroll are people who do 35r's. I don't think I've seen an hta 3076r. I'd be interested to compare it with mine :)

05STiOwner

I haven't either. Everybody is all about 35R's these days. My friend Jack just did Full Races twin scroll rotated reversed intake manifold setup. It would be sweet to see some more 'different' turbo cars like mine or yours. I seen one FP Red STi, friend, back home not anymore. One other FP Green, Gen. 2 and got the idea from me haha. I have never seen a 30R, another Red or green. Everybody is 35R.

05STiOwner

Sucks a big elephants one. I am saving for everthing I need to finish my car this year. Maybe with in this year it will be done. Many subarus in Texas?

05STiOwner

I went from going to Subie meet every Monday and seeing tons of Subarus in all years too, I am 1 of 2 STi's in town. I am the only (major)modified STi. Supposedly there is a built 08' WRX hatch, but I didn't see a front mount so I don't think it's built. There are couple WRX's, but they aren't into Subarus like we are. I am around shoodangers with diesels with stacks on them. Talk about extremely gay.