GD George's cars (Retired)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Congratulations on STi of the month. You got some nice comments on Facebook. :thumbsup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Really? I don't have facebook so you'll have to tell me some!!!

icudruln

I "liked" it George (on Facebook...since you're a FB noob :D). Congrats to an awesome car and very informative and helpful member of the community. :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You deserve it. Now its up to like 1800 views and I see your STi everywhere on Facebook now, lol. It's really awesome to have you as friend, supermod, and butt buddy, LMAO!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
There are only a few people on this earth I would bend over for... Your one of them :lol:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
So I managed to squeeze my turbo in this weekend. What a nightmare!...

I have done this job a thousand time in the past and each time it was cake. But this time, for some reason, I had the worst experience of all time and it seemed the mechanical Gods were not smiling upon me this day. What should have taken me 3 hrs to do ended up taking me 12 hrs.

Issue number one was when I began removing the turbo. One of the studs in the up pipe was seized and it snapped. Of course I spent a good deal of time drilling it out and re-tapping it.

Issue number two was fitting the new turbo to sit properly on the up pipe. It just wouldn't sit flat no matter what I did. I finally found the obstruction to be the bottom water pipe hitting the block, so I had to bend it up and out of the way. Over all I had to shoe horn the thing in. I attribute this to a very large housing turbo in a stock location. I finally managed to get it in and now it was time to fit the intercooler....

Which brings me to issue number three. For the life of me I couldn't get this thing to go on. Again I have done this quite successfully on a number of occasions but this time it just didn't want to cooperate. Ultimately I had to fit the silicone coupler to the turbo first and secure it, then move the intercooler into the other end of the coupler. To tighten it I was able to reach under and get a stubby wrench in there. Once the bottom coupler was in place and secure I could concentrate on the throttle body coupler.

Issue number four was during the whole process and during my fits of rage, I managed to break off the fitting on the reservoir tank that supplies the turbo with coolant. You can see, by the photo below, my solution for repair as I used a 1/2" NPT hose barb and some JB Weld. The unfortunet thing about that was I had to wait over night for it to dry.

(((Sigh)))

IMAG0009.jpg

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Thank you!

I'm just waiting for 200 miles to pass now before I get on it. I'm running a "wastgate only" map right now.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Thank you Guys...

I am past the 200 mile break in so you know what that means... I loaded up my DD MAP and it was set to a target of 20psi. On my way to work I went WOT from a dig...

First I crapped myself.

Then I experienced premature ejaculation.

I felt like a 15 year old holding on to a nice pair of titties while being hit from behind by a Mack truck.

Td_d

Commander In Chief
^ Hehehe... got to love that feeling... I'm glad to see I'm also not the only one to shout at inanimate objects when they don't oblige to my master plan!

What kind of power do you think you're going to be pushing on the full map?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Well first off from the initial results I'm hesitant to go any further. I was expecting only something like 430whp but from the vast difference in the butt dyno I really wouldn't doubt I am close to 500.

We won't really know until I get it on a real dyno. I'm going to go make the appointment this weekend.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
So Thanks to Gino I now have an Exedy Twin Disk waiting to go into my next build!!!

Thanks again Fuji and Rek for showing me such good hospitality and for introducing me to the guys down at SpecOps. They're a great group of guys and they know their shit! I wish you guys the best of luck in your venture and you have my contact info. If ever you need my help please feel free to ask!

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Carbon or cerametalic? The carbon twin disk is in my near future, updated my journal with exciting plans :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy I knew you where getting it before you did lol. I'm so glad to have a great group of guys like you all, and Sharla also. Reks is the man. So nice to have true friends that are always there.