GD George's cars (Retired)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Or find some po-dunk shop that knows absolutely nothing, turn off all codes and then toss a cat on the car and call it good. Hell I passed inspection and emission with an EWG with dump tube.... So long as no codes are being thrown and there is at least one cat you should be able to pass man. The problem I do see is that the AEM is incapable of passing you do to readability. Correct? In that case you might need to keep the stock ecu wired up but not turned on. idk just theorizing, also what options are there for tuning either the ka,sr, or rb series? do they have an open source community like us or no such luck?

Sorta what I was going for. All I need to do to make it pass is have the stock ECU, Injectors and CAS disk installed and she is good to go. It only has to be in long enough to pass the readiness checks and then I can put the AEM and everything else back in. They only care that they can plug it in and have no CEL indicators.

The AEM itself won't do at all because it doesn't have OBDII. Tuning options are few. There are open source solutions but because our ECUs are not flashable it involves soldering in a daughter board and using fixed rom chips. The open source part of it involves learning hex and I'm just not interested. There is also a company called Nistune that make flashable daughter boards and provides familiar looking software so you can manipulate the stock ECU values, BUT they stop support for 96 and up OBDII vehicles

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Did my Coil on Plug conversions today! It went really well. Very easy and straight forward and who ever would have thought that motorcycle coils would be sufficient. But man do these things fire!

20120825_144738.jpg

20120825_144751.jpg

Vermont

Wait you had a distributor and wires before? not coils already? What year is it that you start to see coils instead? I ask because both my Blazer and celica had distributors but they were early 90s late 80s I would have figured that by the mid 90s they would have all move to coils....

Z1107

George's cars Old and New, On to new horizons

Mark the KA motors are archaic, it's a freaking truck motor.

Vermont

I knew they were old, but they never updated them? He has a 96 right? Hell by then they should have at least done a few things when they went OBDII..... O well not surprised at all....

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Re: George's cars Old and New, On to new horizons

Yeah you would think they would have done at least coil packs or something but whatever. I think some cars had distributors right through 2000. At least i have brought this car into the 21st century.

Busker

I know there is a drift community that is "standing up" if you would in Northern NY, next to Plattsburgh. I know one of the " forefathers" and hes running a 600hp KA he absolutely loves it, this same guy also dropped a 4g63 in his Mighty Maxx thats making roughly 500 to all four..

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The KA has such good bones to work with.

Not much of a drifting scene anymore by me. I'm shifting my focus to the track and so are all my friends. Setting our cars up properly to handle is the goal we all have and for me that does not include globbs of power any more. I'm looking for right around 400whp. My buddy is detuning his 700whp KA to around 500. We just can't seem to get that kind of power to stick to the ground in a 2800lbs car. :lol:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah but the wide body kits are so Ghey :lol:

We can actually fit some beeffy tires in the stock well and we are experimenting with candidates that fit on the stock body. I figure once we detune, it should have no problem. The thing is we are trying to keep the look of the car as is.

It's kinda funny because we are now in the process of turning a race only vehicle back into a street driven machine. Kinda the opposite everyone else seems to be going these days.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Here are some new additions to the Kouki. JDM front bumper, JDM grill, Crystal signal lights and a nismo badge

2012-11-19_12-13-42_HDR.jpg
2012-11-19_12-14-22_HDR.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

Very nice Holy. Love it!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

Just awesome I say.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!

Thank you... hey how you doing these days!

George's cars Old and New, On to new horizons

Super, had a super season with my subie, decided she will become only a track car. Hope all is super with you, certainly is with your car! :)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Nice!

Thanks for asking... things are just Dandy :D The car is my only passion these days... and I mean just my car. I'm paying her some attention this time and everyone else can... well you know!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I needed to do something about the interior of my current car. It was lacking coolness so I installed some eye candy and detailed it (sorta). I still have yet to manage the mess of wires behind the passenger seat for the Car PC but beyond that I love my interior. The only thing I have left to do with respect to that is to replace the carpet and floor mats with black

Some nice new Bride Gias. They are so comfortable.

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

And installed my Carbon Dash Kit

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG