Got salt/snow? Post up some salty/snowy car photos.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
hah during "snowmageddon" here, i remember my way into work the morning after a big storm the evening before was comical. So, they'd been predicting a shitton of snow, but still people went in the morning, and got stuck in the evening. The interstate was like a slalom of vettes, miatas, 3ers etc. with their summer rubber on. wtf were these guys thinking??

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
hah during "snowmageddon" here, i remember my way into work the morning after a big storm the evening before was comical. So, they'd been predicting a shitton of snow, but still people went in the morning, and got stuck in the evening. The interstate was like a slalom of vettes, miatas, 3ers etc. with their summer rubber on. wtf were these guys thinking??

Oh man! Summer rubber in snow! Facepalm! (I made that mistake before too :( )

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I wish I had gotten winter/ snow tires at the beginning of this season, and I probably would have if I had known it was going to be this bad. I just know that if I get them put on, say, next weekend, we won't see another speck of winter weather......Oh well. I just have to be careful and not partake in tearing up a Snow-covered Wal Mart parking lot.....Lol.

I wish I had gotten winter/ snow tires at the beginning of this season, and I probably would have if I had known it was going to be this bad. I just know that if I get them put on, say, next weekend, we won't see another speck of winter weather......Oh well. I just have to be careful and not partake in tearing up a Snow-covered Wal Mart parking lot.....Lol.

Im thankful. that would happen as soon as you put them on right? :lol: haha i feel the same way if i were to do that. I want the snow to leave NY ASAP.

I think everyone does. Save some for next season! :D I wish it worked that way......

haha, gods just like. "ugh yeahhh i guess", and stops itching his head over us, the dandruff stops! lmfao

Grinder34

Track Monkey

If you have space, its still worth it. Summer tires have so much LESS grip than winter tires even on dry pavement. I have a co-worker with a C5 vette that put his car backwards into a guardrail when trying to pass someone on dry (but cold) pavement. His tires just had no grip. Believe me, he drives (well, drove) the vette like a granny--it really was the tires.

That being said, if you wait until spring you can almost always get a great deal on a slightly used set that someone is offloading.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If you have space, its still worth it. Summer tires have so much LESS grip than winter tires even on dry pavement. I have a co-worker with a C5 vette that put his car backwards into a guardrail when trying to pass someone on dry (but cold) pavement. His tires just had no grip. Believe me, he drives (well, drove) the vette like a granny--it really was the tires.

That being said, if you wait until spring you can almost always get a great deal on a slightly used set that someone is offloading.

Tires and rims!!! Great deals!

I had a sketchy experience with my summer wheels when the first snow accumulated. Getting the car up to speed wasn't hard with AWD. The car had severe under-steer.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I think i've posted this before, but here it goes again:

Before i was an STI owner, i had to help an STI with OEM summer rubber get going in a plowed (but still slick) lot. It was an almost perfectly flat parking lot, and every time he gave it the tiniest bit of gas, he'd just slide slightly to the right (down hill). He literally had no grip. I was in my MINI with winter rubber and had no troubles at all.

Alter3go

Tires really that big of a difference with the subie? I used to have a 86 Lincoln TownCar and there was not really many issues besides sliding a bit but nothing some sandbags didn't fix

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Tires really that big of a difference with the subie? I used to have a 86 Lincoln TownCar and there was not really many issues besides sliding a bit but nothing some sandbags didn't fix

Tires are everything! Its what holds the rest of the car on the ground! :tup:

Alter3go

I also drove the subie in Chicago winter and that thing was a champ way more traction than the My Supra but still had the summer tires on it and it was a beast.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I also drove the subie in Chicago winter and that thing was a champ way more traction than the My Supra but still had the summer tires on it and it was a beast.

Thanks for reminding me. JOURNAL FOR SUPRA NAOOOO! :fuji:

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I guess I didn't realize what a difference they made.... Wow. Like I said, I think it's a little late to be getting new tires just for what remains of the season, but I'll know for next time.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
bs_ice_testing_09_3.jpg

That's from a tire rack test. The next one is stopping from only 10 mph!

bs_ice_testing_09_2.jpg

And thats from 6 years ago. Tires get better every year

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
^^^^^^^
Sick sick sick example that is perfect!!!! :tup:

Two very important things: handling and braking!