HID D2R low beam headlight bulbs

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I can't believe we haven't discussed this yet on the forum, but I can't seem to find it if we have.
I'm replacing my HID Low Beam bulbs. The part number is D2R. What frequency is factory stock
in the STi (mine is a 2004, but I don't know if that makes a difference)?

These bulbs come in multiple frequencies such as 4300K, 5000K, 6000K etc.

Advance Auto Parts shows the D2R for the STi as "Color Temperature: 4150K". That just doesn't
seem right for some reason.

I was going to get the bulb(s) from Advance, but they are $100 each. On Amazon there are many
good brands for $45-65, but of course I don't know what color temperature/frequency my STi is
supposed to have.

Thanks for the help guys!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Great question.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I'm about to order a pair of Phillips bulbs from Amazon. I'll get two for the price of one from Advance. They are 4300K.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You'll be fine with that choice.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I've been talking to the guys I work with (EE guys). They said the voltage either to, or from the ballast could be off. Does anyone have experience with this?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
It would only be the color.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I hope it's only the color. I don't know if there is a different voltage requirement, etc. between different colors/frequencies.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I hope it's only the color. I don't know if there is a different voltage requirement, etc. between different colors/frequencies.

Nothing different, but the color my friend. ;)

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Agreed. Those numbers only represent the kelvin at which they burn. Yellows, whites and blues.