How-To: Request: Driveshaft Replacement

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Pictures!!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Pictures in the living room just don't do it justice. You need A LOT of light on it to see the beautiful green/yellow/black iridescent carbon weave. When I'm about to install it, I'll throw some pictures up. I'm just waiting on the AMSOIL from JJ now and I should be all set. I feel like ordering a T-70 Torx bit just in case, but my buddy seems to think he has one at home. I suppose I can go to Auto Zone or wherever and maybe borrow one on the day I do the swap.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I bought mine from Autozone; they're one of the few places that carry one. It cost like $4-6.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I just checked my local advance auto location, online. They have a couple of them in stock for $7-8.

Ohhhhh man I can't wait :tard:

finallymysti

Go on some of the garage forums and look for people aroun u with a loft and ask if u can baroww it. Or go to a local car meet
And ask people if they know someone with a lift

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I just might do that. I'm not all that worried about doing the work on jack stands though, unless I have to break
free some seized nuts/bolts. I'm always paranoid about torquing anything too much while laying under the car. I
always have a bad feeling that it will fall on me...lol...which would totally suck.

There is a vehicle lab here at work with a frame lift in it. People have used it in the past for their personal vehicles
but a few idiots abused that option and now we can't use it anymore without suuuuper special permission. :(

I also briefly considered taking it somewhere and having them do the work, since they'll have a lift, all the tools,
etc.. I'd rather not spend the money if it's something I can do myself, and it seems pretty easy....but I did
wonder what someone would charge me.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Is there a base around there? If so, i think most of them have a shop for use by everyone who can get on base? Make a military friend and offer him some beers!

Just a thought. On the local forums here there are lots of active military who talk about that. I dunno if every base has the hobby shops though.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Is there a base around there? If so, i think most of them have a shop for use by everyone who can get on base? Make a military friend and offer him some beers!

Just a thought. On the local forums here there are lots of active military who talk about that. I dunno if every base has the hobby shops though.

I did consider that. There is Selfridge Air National Guard Base about an hour away (though I haven't been there yet), and my Navy Reserve ID is still good so I can get on base and everything. A webpage says they have a hobby shop. That'll probably be my last resort though, just due to distance. I'd hate for something to go wrong, need a part, etc. and have my car stuck an hour away from home.....which seems to be my luck.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
By the way.... I just wanted to take a moment to thank you guys. Not just those who have contributed to this thread, but also all of our members in general.

Through every bit of input from each of you, I learn a little more, gain more confidence to tackle mods I haven't tried yet and so forth. It's not just me, (that
needs help from time to time) especially the new guys, I remember years ago when I was a huge noob. The experience an advice of others has helped me and
the Batmobile get where we are now.

Keep it up guys, WE ALL help make this forum a great community to be apart of....and thank you JJ for all the hard work you do for us all.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

STimedic

I hate you!

Only purely because you have something I want.....
If you break something under your car doing the install, I'd say you have retard strength.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I hate you!

LOL

...and I HATE the @#$%ing UPS delivery asshat.

@#$%^%%$^$#%@$#!!!!! ARRRRRRRGGGHHHH!!! JUST LEAVE
THE @#$%ING PACKAGE ON THE PORCH!!!! IT'S A BOX OF @#$%ING
OIL, NO ONE IS GONNA @#$% WITH IT. :angry:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Well, I checked with Selfridge Army National Guard Base. The hobby shop is only open for a couple hours during
the day, only on weekdays. Well, F-that idea... Oh well, it looks like I'm going to do the swap in a coworker's
driveway tomorrow after work. I picked up a T-79 1/2" Torx bit today at the parts store just in case....and so I'll
always have one.

Kinda stuck waiting on the Amsoil for now though...
...I feel like stabbing the UPS driver with a soldering iron. :tard: