System Operator
Staff member
You have one problem I see.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I have a thread around hear somewhere that is for removing the transmission and replacing the clutch. It highlights removal of the drive shaft. :thumbup:

Just extrapolate. :)

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Maybe yours does, lol.

How much did you get that for?

$869 shipped. Jordan at Defined Performance was running a special deal over the weekend.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Nice.

If you had a rack that install would be a breeze.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I want this so bad.

Install shouldn't be too hard but a lift would definitely make this a piece of cake.
Try and find a place that rents them.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
!BUMP! Anyone have experience with this job?

This is one of those times where I wish I was still on active duty (or at least had
a base nearby because I my reserve ID is still good) so I could go use the DIY Auto
Shop on the base, with all the lifts and tools you could ever need.

It looks like I'll be doing this work with jack stands.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Ohhhh man, it's gonna be 2-3 weeks before it ships (directly from Driveshaft Shop). I don't know if I can contain my enthusiasm that long!

I keep reading all these amazing reviews and have even seen a couple comparison videos on YouTube.

I haven't been this excited about a mod in a lonnnnng time.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Ohhhh man, it's gonna be 2-3 weeks before it ships (directly from Driveshaft Shop). I don't know if I can contain my enthusiasm that long!

I keep reading all these amazing reviews and have even seen a couple comparison videos on YouTube.

I haven't been this excited about a mod in a lonnnnng time.

I saw somewhere that they were able to free up something like 15 or 20 lbft of torque just by switching to this.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I want this so bad.

Install shouldn't be too hard but a lift would definitely make this a piece of cake.
Try and find a place that rents them.

From what I'm hearing from others who have done this, once it's up on jack stands,
it's easier than replacing the down pipe.

STimedic

Remove the cover on the underside of the rear diff subframe (6 bolts), remove section of exhaust that is in the way of the driveshaft or just the entire CBE, the center bearing unit on the stock driveshaft (2 bolts). From there, drain the trans (if you don't, you will get a messy surprise.......) and drop the 4 bolts mating the driveshaft with the pinion and pull the shaft out of the back side of the trans. Install is the reverse minus the center bearing unit since you now have a one-piece sexy-ass CF unit going in.

Unless I missed something off the top of my head, there you have it.

STimedic

Seriously though.....off the top of my head.....you know, because I've pulled my shaft out plenty of times.

I will admit, I'm jealous! Let us know the results, cuz I might have to tell the wife my center bearing went out and it's cheaper to get this. ;)

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Seriously though.....off the top of my head.....you know, because I've pulled my shaft out plenty of times.

I will admit, I'm jealous! Let us know the results, cuz I might have to tell the wife my center bearing went out and it's cheaper to get this. ;)

:rofl:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I can hardly wait. In all, the biggest turn on to the driveshaft for me is how much easier it's going to
be to drive in super slow, stop and go b.s.. Hell, just last night I wanted to assault someone. lol 40mph
zone and these bitches are creeping at 33. Honestly WTF gives?! I'm trying to roll around in 5th gear
and take it easy on the gas but these asshats keep making me brake and shift down.

Anything that will improve that experience seems well worth the money.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I wish some of you guys lived closer. I'd let you take the Batmobile for a spin after the install.