HUD in 04 possible?

Scooby STIle

Ok so, I'm currently working for chevy and I'm constantly in and out of camaros and vettes. This has been itching in my brain for a while.
Is it possible to somehow wire up a digital tac and install it to become a hud that projects onto the windshield like a lot of newer cars have?
This is something that I think I would love to have in my 04 sti.
Ill post a pic when I can of the camaro hud to show an example of what I'm talking about.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Paul.c

I imagine it is possible. Is it easy? Probably not. I wanted to do a few years ago but decided I could spend my money elsewhere. Lets do a google search and see what we can find out.

Scooby STIle

Well I wouldn't care if it was gm or not lol.
I was thinking of something like the stuff Defi used to sell. They discontinued their latest design I think a couple years ago(?)
I mean, I do know I can spend money elsewhere on things too, but this would be a nifty mod not only for convinience, but safety too. When I take cruises in the mountains at night, I would prefer to keep my eyes on the road instead of having to look down at a gauge or checking my speed. I've already hit a fox once, never want to do it again :(
Poor thing. Felt so bad that I killed it.

Scooby STIle

Grrrr can't edit my posts with tapatalk. But I forgot to check out your link till now.
That looks like what I was talking about wanting.
I mean, it shouldn't be that hard to wire up. The fun part would probably be where I would get to find the spot in my dash where I want it, then cut into my dash and get the angle perfect, or, make the install a bit harder but better, by making a mounting board/bracket wired up to a small leveling motor so I can adjust the angle with a switch. Then I would just have to do some fiberglass molding, and probably flock my dash while I'm at it if I would have to pull it out to repaint it anyways.

Hmmmmmm......

This would be a fun, but tedious mod lol

Paul.c

There are also apps that you can download onto and iPhone or IPad and then just set the device on your dash. Voila HUD! That's kind of a joke but it is an idea. If you can reverse the screen output to reflect off of the windshield normally it would be possible but at the same time more expensive. Just food for thought.

Scooby STIle

There are also apps that you can download onto and iPhone or IPad and then just set the device on your dash. Voila HUD! That's kind of a joke but it is an idea. If you can reverse the screen output to reflect off of the windshield normally it would be possible but at the same time more expensive. Just food for thought.

I know about those. But that's not quite what I was talking about. I know you can use your phone, ipod, ipad, iphone, or misc. handheld electronics.
But I'm trying to talk about an actual unit made for just the hud specifically.
If I bought an ipad I wouldn't want to use it as a hud lol. It would be much more useful as a frisby! :p