I got a well deserved ticket... (Huh?!)

Deek

I'm actually glad I got pulled over, I was in no condition to drive. I get debilitating migraines quite frequently (at least two a month) and every couple years I get one that requires sedation in the hospital... Dilaudid+Phenergan is a helluva combo.

Anyways, I was going way too fast trying to get to the ER from working at a client location and didn't see the officer until he was 25 ft behind me with flashing lights. I looked down and saw the needle around 100mph, I got a ticket for 96mph... which actually makes since because my tires have a lesser diameter than stock so the speedo is a bit fast.

Ended up being two or three cop cars behind me and a paramedic in front of me on the side of the road. The anxiety and adrenaline of the incident amplified the pain... it was beyond unbearable at this point, I was writhing around in my car seat laid down clenching my head, groaning, numb all over. I was quite incoherent during their questioning but I must have been answering the questions they were asking appropriately because I overheard the paramedic tell the officer that the drugs I stated I took for my pain coincide with migraine remedies.

I made a lot of bad decisions that lead to the event... knowing my condition, I went on a client site 45 mins away without any medication. I was in a client training class and didn't want to leave, so I stuck it out almost 30 mins before it was scheduled to close... which was about 2 hours beyond the point in time where I hit MIGRAINE-DEFCON-10 :x. By the time I finally excused myself I was already unable to stand for more than a minute without teetering over. I was extremely nauseous and any body motion set off vomit. My photophobia was maxed out, sunglasses and visor weren't cutting it. Any one of 4 or my 5 senses (not touch) was amplifying the pain.... You get the picture, I should not have been behind a wheel.

I'll go accept my fate in court and request traffic school. There's no way I'm trying to shake this one, wouldn't be right.

Fellow migraine sufferers, you have my understanding and sympathy.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That sucks. :(

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
When I get migranes I can even stand. I know your pain.

Z1107

I get migraines from my medication, hurts just closing my eyes and to breathe, how you drove at all, hats off.

STimedic

Especially in a noisy car, since noise tends to the one sense that amplifies migraine pain.

Let me see your hand.......

Deek

Yeah, I made all the wrong decisions that day... definitely not one of my better moments. :x

Thanks for the posts/concern, after spending the weekend in a dilaudid/phenergan and percocet/phenergan combos I'm back to normal.

Last edited: