If You Could Go Back

NESTI

I'm starting this thread just to see what people will say when i ask, if you could go back and start over fresh, what would have been the first few mods you would have done instead of the route you chose? If you think you chose the perfect route then explain what the first few things were and why. List different brands if thats what you would have changed, different order of purchases, different color, ect. :D
Oh mention your year too :)

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
06 STi, I started out looking for power and never got past engine mods. If I was to do it all over again I would start with suspension and cosmetics first.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member

Suspension and bracing would be something I'd work on first, if I could do it all over again. I'd probably also work out a plan
to build my engine closer to the beginning of ownership. I wish I would have converted to top feed injectors/rails when I upgraded.
I wasn't aware of the potential tuning issues and rough idle that can be caused by side feed injectors of certain sizes. My idle
is less than optimal :-/

The only other consideration I can think of, is maybe I'd have gone with a large TMIC instead of a FMIC like I currently have...
...that's one thing I'm not sure of though.

RallySoob

the first part I bought was on impulse buy...$500 on an APR rear diffuser. It looked awesome but it broke off pretty quik; the way I drive it was inevitable. The money would have been much better spent on a COBB AP which was my favorite mod and still is. HAving control of the motor and all the features is amazing. I love my AP.

My 2nd STi came with some upgrades already but I think the upgraded f/r sways with end links and making sure you have sticky tires/quality pads & rotors maybe even stainless brake lines since its cheap to do...get it done first. For power, I'de say getting what I need to run stage 2 on the cobb ap was good choice. TBE + Cobb SF intake. That SF intake with box should prob be bought when you get the cobb ap actually. get the box! It rocks. keeps intake temps down and debri off the filter. Honestly I love my rallyarmor ur mud flaps too and would say get those in the beginning too. NOt only do they save your paint and all that but they make the stock stance look so much better and makes sense. Its got enough ground clearance to get nasty offroad so you may want the flaps first depending how your going drive it

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
^ I second that. Idk what I was thinking by not mentioning the AP. Great tool.

NESTI

great answers guys, thanks and keep em coming. ive got the 07 and the first thing i got was the cobb AP, im pretty happy with it, next is Perrin TBE which i ordered.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
ive got the 07 and the first thing i got was the cobb AP

Thank God. You know how that factory 2007 tune can be. Good call :tup:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
It's thought to be one of the main causes of the infamous 2007 ringland failures.