ILSMKU2's timing issue

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
You've reminded me I haven't drank in like three weeks. Now I'm craving BEEEEER!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I would love to do that! if your serious I'll take a few days and go!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy can swing down and pick me up! I'm game.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I could, lol. I never thought of that, but would be cool to have someone to talk to on the trip down. Me and Holy could write tunes, lol. Also Rex has a STi that I could borrow for the weekend, lol.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Serious face. Me, you and Rek will party like there is no tomorrow.

I can take a few days in two weeks! Something like wednesday to sunday or when ever you get sick of my fat ass.

Holy can swing down and pick me up! I'm game.

You may need to meet me half way somewhere. Those is some milez

ILSMKU2

LOL... you guys are funny. I think you should all do it! Its almost spring break! Enjoy some time off! I was in NC and SC two summers ago. I didnt see the beaches in NC, but I was in isle of palms in SC and the beaches were awesome! Beaches on the east coast go out so FAR only waste deep. On the west side, our beaches sink to Davy Jones locker about 50ft out! Gosh... I want to go back now! LOL. Plus you guys have that place.... shit whats it called? OH YEA! Cracker barrel! I love that place! Puts dennys to shame!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Just FYI. I'm moving this thread into its own thread with in the newly created sub forum "Ask a Tuna"

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I was just going to show him the specific table and the cells to adjust. it's allot easier that way.

On another note...

Don... till then just use the AccessPort to remove 5* of timing over all for the time being. If you go WOT with those knock events much more you stand the chance of blowing a ring landing.

Last edited:

ILSMKU2

Ok, will do. Does the -5 stay put once I change it? Or do I need to do that every time I start my car? I took another log on the way to work today assuming the -5 stayed put. Why do I have all these learned knock events now? Those use to be 0's from what i remember. Now there is tons of .07 in there? Is that ok?

On a different note. I am not happy with my AP purchase at all. I was sold on this thing being set it and forget it. Which clearly it is not. And Cobb always makes it sound like everything is all peachy. Baugh. lol.

Here is this mornings log with all those learned knock events. Seems to happen in the high 3K's rpms?

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AozpbOqA6sEedFBHUE9jUjRIbUg4RGlpdjI4RFE3ZkE&hl=en#gid=0

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Can you make the file public :rofl:

Yes it should stay put until you either reset the ECU or change a map or you change it back. But I have seen some strange things so just go back and check it

Don't be discouraged. It is actually PNP for about 90% of the masses. I think yours is a comedy of errors, some strange coincidence and bad luck.

Make the files public and we will have a look.

Ok, will do. Does the -5 stay put once I change it? Or do I need to do that every time I start my car? I took another log on the way to work today assuming the -5 stayed put. Why do I have all these learned knock events now? Those use to be 0's from what i remember. Now there is tons of .07 in there? Is that ok?

On a different note. I am not happy with my AP purchase at all. I was sold on this thing being set it and forget it. Which clearly it is not. And Cobb always makes it sound like everything is all peachy. Baugh. lol.

Here is this mornings log with all those learned knock events. Seems to happen in the high 3K's rpms?

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AozpbOqA6sEedFBHUE9jUjRIbUg4RGlpdjI4RFE3ZkE&hl=en#gid=0

ILSMKU2

It is public? Whats going on... lol. We see different pages. My links are public yet block you? Sheesh this is crazy! Its set to no sign in for anyone who has the link? Full public sharing also has no sign in required. Let me try that. :)

ILSMKU2

Can you make the file public :rofl:

Yes it should stay put until you either reset the ECU or change a map or you change it back. But I have seen some strange things so just go back and check it

Don't be discouraged. It is actually PNP for about 90% of the masses. I think yours is a comedy of errors, some strange coincidence and bad luck.

Make the files public and we will have a look.

I wish I could keep optimistic about this dam AP, but man, its been nothing but issues since day one! My 09 hatch STI with a CB only HATED the ap. I got so frustrated that I traded my car in for the 11! And here I am right back where I started. Knock knock knock knock knock. It the stock tune didnt fall flat at 5K I would probably sell this thing and just be over it. But Im trying to be positive and patience with it. So the help you guys are offering me is MUCH appreciated to say the least.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Those events aren't even events in my vocabulary. They aren't even a whisper. All of the events are below 1 and the fact that it is learned it may not even be knock at all. This is more than normal and you should take comfort in the fact that it looks so good! :D

ILSMKU2

Those events aren't even events in my vocabulary. They aren't even a whisper. All of the events are below 1 and the fact that it is learned it may not even be knock at all. This is more than normal and you should take comfort in the fact that it looks so good! :D

Oh well in that case, that's good to hear! Thanks. Clearly, I have no clue what Im looking at or doing. I wish the AP would give your logs a rating of happiness somehow. So us noobs know if its happy or not without having to ask people all the time.

Let me ask you this. Does the stock tune typically run WORSE than what we have seen in my logs? Including the ones with some knock? Im curious to know if the stock tune is just as bad as me slapping stg1 OTS map and forgetting about the logs all together like most AP users do.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I don't have allot of experience with the newer cars. I would say yes. The stage maps that Cobb releases, I have found to always be better than stock (((IF))) you maintain the right components. For Stage one it requires stock components only or maybe a cat back exhaust. Where as stage 2 requires a down pipe.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Okay. Lets see if we can get you to modify your timing tables. I need you to first open up ATR and load the stage 1 map. When it loads I need you to open up the folder called "Ignition Tables". Then take a screen shot so I can refresh my memory for 08 and up.