ILSMKU2's timing issue

ILSMKU2

Oh sorry man, I had to step away from my desk. I have a project I need to work on first. The second I get it done, I will jump right into this. Sorry buddy!

In the mean time, I did another log when I went to lunch. I see some knock (or do i?) in there even with the -5 degrees still active. I only bring this to your attention in case that changes anything on what you were about to tell me to do.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AozpbOqA6sEedGVwS2U5clR0OHJVR0dodjFrLW5NV0E&hl=en#gid=0

Thanks again! and BRB!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah we can probably add another degree

ILSMKU2

Hi. Sorry for the delay! Work was hell today. Anyways, I realize you have your own life, so I dont expect you to stop what you are doing. But I do have the program and my map loaded. IT looks scary! If you want to proceed, Im down. If not, we can pick up another day. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Don

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
If you could open up the folder labeled "Ignition Tables" and then open up "Advance (Dynamic)" and "Advance (Primary) and take a screen shot.

I need to see what tables you have available first.

ILSMKU2

Oh get this... So I talked to Jon at Cobb Socal. You know, Jon from HB. I talked to him about getting an AP for my buddy and then showed him my logs. Then asked him if the ACN maps were designed using ACN gas and he said NO! Then Braden at Cobb in TX, who I actually know from his XPT map days, said I should just get a protune! And then there is lance who continues to tell me, my maps look fine or that my ECU is doing its job. Im kind of blown away about all that.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Okay...

I need you to copy some tables into excel for me. When you copy tables you simply highlight the cells by clicking and draging the mouse from one corner to the oposite corner and hit "CTRL" and "C" and past it into excel. You have to also copy and paste the top Load Header rows and the RPM header column individually.

The Tables I want you to copy are...

Dynamic Advance Primary Accel
Dynamic Advance Primary Cruise
Primary Ignition Accel
Primary Ignition Cruise
http://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/tuners@igotasti.com
If you have no way of posting it you can send it directly to the email address tuners@igotasti.com

ILSMKU2

What a PITA. I got the whole table highlighted and copied into excel just like above. I then got the header info pasted into it too. But the dam 800-7600 from the top down in the fist row will not paste correctly. It keeps wanting to paste it to the right. Argh! Die DIE DIE AP! DIE!

Dude, I hate to waste anymore of your time. And I feel like an ass ol. But I give up. This is BS. I mean, the AP is BS. I shouldn't have to do all this to make it work right. And you shouldn't have to be helping me. Its there BS tune that's there issue. They need to fix this shit. Im sorry dude. I really am. But Im so frustrated with the AP and cobb that I really want to just go smash my AP into a million pieces, post every shit log I have on Nasioc and every email from them telling me "everything is fine and dandy!" when its NOT.

Im really sorry George. But I need take a lap before hurt my AP. Im really angry. Please understand my frustration is NOT with you, your request or anything. You are a god sent hero. Im just really upset that I have to do go thru all of this just to make it run right. And or jump thru hoops and make you sit there and wait. Thats BS! Might as well just deal with the stock tune at this point. Its no worse.

I'll come back once I cool down. Or I will come back with a picture of a smashed AP. Please accept my apology in advanced. Its not you buddy. Its not you.

DIAF COBB!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I understand your frustration and the be honest I wonder some times how I'm able to deal with some of the things I encounter. :( To be frank open source or anything else is not going to be any easier either.

This is not at all a big deal to me and I am hear no matter what. I have devoted myself to try to help however I can and to get the job done. :tup:

Take a day and give it one more try latter on, We really are very close. I'm pretty tired now anyway and can use some rest myself.

Try not to give up just yet!

ILSMKU2

Hey guys!

Sorry Ive been away for so long. Since our last conversation, I changed my timing back to normal, reset my ECU and drove normal (nothing hard) and logged logged logged. The first day or two of logs to and from work (3 miles) had some light events, but after that, they all seemed to go away? Maybe it learned? I dont know. But so far, my car feels like and its Im not seeing anything under FBKC or learned knock.

However... I will do a full pull in 3rd and 4th tomorrow and post a log just to make sure. In the mean time, thank you all very much. And a special thank you to George for jumping right in to help me. I owe you one George!