inferno19d's 2015 Icy Silver Metallic Subaru STI

inferno19d

This is a brand new car, purchased on 15 April 2014.

Nothing has been done, it is still under 1k miles. As I break in this car and go through the ins and outs of the change and feel of this new model I will update this journal.
IMAG0057.jpgIMAG0059.jpgIMAG0060.jpgIMAG0051.jpg

inferno19d

The interior is fantastic and I absolutely love the two tone leather seats. The upgrades they did to the dash and gauges is fantastic.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Interior truly is phenomonal. What about the steering wheel?! I was hoping you would comment on the new design!

inferno19d

The steering wheel fits the redesign and its fantastic for taller guys with the flat bottom. It definitely adds to the look of the interior.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The steering wheel fits the redesign and its fantastic for taller guys with the flat bottom. It definitely adds to the look of the interior.

Sounds like i need to get rid of my 04 and get a 15!

Sike!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How tall are you and how do you fit in the new style interior?

The thing i hated about the 08-14 are the handbrakes... Literally in my right thigh... Where as the 04 is opposite on the passenger side. (Perfection for me)

Looks like the nee style has the handbrake on the right thigh too lol

inferno19d

How tall are you and how do you fit in the new style interior?

The thing i hated about the 08-14 are the handbrakes... Literally in my right thigh... Where as the 04 is opposite on the passenger side. (Perfection for me)

Looks like the nee style has the handbrake on the right thigh too lol

I am 73 in at about 225lbs. The fit is about the same as it was in any model when concerning the seats and leg room. The flattened steering wheel just helps out. As for the hand brake, you are correct it is at your right hip. I have never owned an 04 model so I never got use to it being on the passenger side, tho that sounds like something they should bring back.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
73?!?! 7'3"???!!!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ah hahah ok! Well at your height you should have no issues whatsoever. Im 6'7" so i have issues in some cars. I actually fit perfectly in my car but i have always wondered how those flat bottom steering wheels were.

I sat down in a brz as well. I fot perfectly as well. (Seat all the way back of course :lol: )

Now im curious to sit down in a 15 sti.

inferno19d

Ya I have no real problems fitting. I like the flat bottom because of where my seat is position when driving, I tend to be a little closer than most which in turn pushes my knees a little higher and more against the steering wheel. With that I also rubbed the bottom of my steering wheel in my old car a lot, ended up damaging some of the leather because of knives in my pocket or things clipped to me. I am hoping with this flat bottom I will no longer do that.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok cool. Then i will ask you in a few months how it has been for you! :tup:

inferno19d

Ill give you a good update after I drive to Canada next month for my nieces birthday. Its a 724 mile drive from where I live and it will be a true test to how well I fit in this car.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Pretty much perfect then! :tup:

Bang876

Ill give you a good update after I drive to Canada next month for my nieces birthday. Its a 724 mile drive from where I live and it will be a true test to how well I fit in this car.

That will most diffidently test the comfort of the car along with your ass cheeks :p I driven my 05 STi from Florida to New York a few years back and that was brutal. We expect a thorough report when you get back good sir :)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That will most diffidently test the comfort of the car along with your ass cheeks :p I driven my 05 STi from Florida to New York a few years back and that was brutal. We expect a thorough report when you get back good sir :)
You thought the 05 was brutal?!!? Pray that you never get an 04 then!

I personally love it because no one ever wants to ride with me! (I hate having people in my car though, mofos can't keep their hands to themselves and it annoys the living shit out of me! :lol: )

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Totally agree with [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION].

inferno19d

[MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION], every time someone gets in the car its like everything is the giant red "DO NOT TOUCH" button and they do nothing but want to touch everything.

Well I hit 1k miles yesterday on the highway and got on it a little bit. It have good power all the way through the gear, very smooth. I will have to play with it a bit more to get more specific. I do have to raise one complaint. The damn placement of the trunk button, its where the old traction control button use to be. So I have hit the dang trunk button so many times thinking its the traction button. LOL