inferno19d's 2015 Icy Silver Metallic Subaru STI

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Sweet. Cant wait to see!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I can't believe that little window adds that much more visibility....

inferno19d

With the change of the mirror and that little window its a big difference from the 09-11's that I drove. It is also a difference with the dash as well

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Can you take some pics of the trunk?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Both! :lol: Seats up and down!

inferno19d

uploadfromtaptalk1399561688015.jpguploadfromtaptalk1399561710690.jpguploadfromtaptalk1399561748594.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Nice! I wish my seats went down! :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I can but then the x brace is in the way. So loss loss :lol: :tup:

So overall, whats your impression on the car? How many miles as of now?

inferno19d

Got 1400 miles on it. It's an improvement of the 09-11 models. I owned an 09 WRX AND and 11 STI and as far as handling this car has them both beat. The interior of course is by far the best. As for power it's a bit lack luster but mainly because the stock map is crap. Though the outside look is a bit alien they I think this is closer to the original style of the car as they have gotten since they changed it all. Those years ago

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hmmm crappy map. You going OS/Cobb anytime soon?

Regardless, suspension is improved. So that alone is nice.

Is it stated anywhere if any changes to the engine were done AT ALL? In comparison to the GV models.

inferno19d

I have not found any where that it is stated. I have seen a dunk run for the stock map on the car , if I can find it again I'll post it. I have wrote Cobb asking when they will have an OTS AP map ready for the 15 but they haven't responded. I don't know anything about tuning so when I do change maps it will most likely be with a Cobb AP

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I went the same path with Cobb. Now that i switched to romraider and OS, i regret going Cobb. I wish i wouldve went straight to OS. George does an unbelievable job tuning! :bigtup:

Also i have had many problems with the accessport compared to the tactrix. The headache has been remedied. :tup:

Let me ask this: how much do you plan on doing with the car power wise?

inferno19d

Well to start off not much, seeing that it is still under warranty. After that is done I haven't made up my mind on it. It is pretty much my daily driver, so do not think i will do anything drastic. I would like to see an average HP of 305-325 out of the car once i start modding it tho.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What have you done to the 09 wrx and 11 sti previously?

What mod plans do you havefor the 15?

inferno19d

Basic info for this years model:

[SIZE=-1]2.5L 4 cylinder, DOHC, Boxer engine
turbocharged, intercooled
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]Turbo is water cooled, the bearing is oiled
[/SIZE]
aluminum block and head
bore x stroke 3.92" x 3.11"
compression 8.2
timing belt (replace at 96,000 miles/96mos)
Redline 7200rpm
Speedometer tp 180mph
firing order 1-3-2.4
idle speed 700 +/- 100
ignition timing 15* +/-10*
spark plugs NGK SILFR6A
battery 12v, 48ah, CCA 390a
fuel, Premium 93 octane
oil- 5w-30 synthetic,
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]emissions: Tier II Bin 5/Lev II Lev[/SIZE]