Introduction.

MPKsWRX

Hey everyone. From Red Deer Alberta. Currently owner of 03 bug eye since new and test drove a 2015 STI sport tech today and have serious interest in purchasing one but I have a question for the newer STI owners here. Many reviews have criticized the stiffness of this STI as being detrimental to an everyday driver. Have any of you that drive daily felt regret over your purchase? Personally I was having to much fun driving to really notice even when driving on washboard gravel. Some feedback would be appreciated.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and Enjoy! I have yet to drive the 2015 but everyone I know that has one absolutely loves it in just about every aspect. They say it is more fun than previous years and well planted to the ground.

Feel free to ask what ever is on your mind. Just start a new thread! :tup:

MPKsWRX

Thanks for the reply. From what I've read this seems like a really great group of enthusiasts. I also am a member of the Western Subaru Rally Club here in Canada and no matter where you go the enthusiasts are super supportive of one another.

MPKsWRX

Possibly one of the reasons Canadians are as big of Subaru enthusiasts here as we are is that we get to drive our cars all year around. Rear wheel drives usually stay parked in the garage during winters in Alberta. Sucks only getting to drive the ride you love half a year. It's already started snowing here and I'm looking forward to it.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Possibly one of the reasons Canadians are as big of Subaru enthusiasts here as we are is that we get to drive our cars all year around. Rear wheel drives usually stay parked in the garage during winters in Alberta. Sucks only getting to drive the ride you love half a year. It's already started snowing here and I'm looking forward to it.

Understood.

It was 97* F here yesterday, or 36* C. You guys are sending us a cold front today. Can't wait for it.

I haven't had the chance just yet to drive on the 2015. Dealers aren't offering test drives unless everything is exactly perfect on your purchasing parameters. Like the model n color and packages of the car that's on the lot.
They know that people that do want to buy these new cars, want zero mileage on them.

But as far as the STi goes, I driven a 06 and a 11. I always loved the handling on these superb vehicles and I expect no less of the 2015.

MPKsWRX

Thanks for the feedback . I was fortunate to even be able to test drive one as they don't have any in stock. Only order per customer preference. Someone's financing fell through so the dealership had a Sport Tech on the lot. It was more fun to drive than I had imagined. 20 min later my mind was made up.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to the forum!!!

Pics of the bugeye!!

theres no way the ride is harsh enough for a daily... Its stiff and vastly improved, but not detrimental.

Youll be sitting in one sooner or later!!! :tup:

MPKsWRX

There she is. Pristine. No mods. Bought her in December of 2002. 1.4 km on her. Been driving her for almost a 1/3 of my life. The 2016 STI will definitely be getting some aftermarket work done to make her uniquely mine.