JDM Ver. 8 STi

eric.marsh

Hello everyone!

I'm Eric and this is my STi :)

I'm US Navy stationed in Okinawa Japan. I took a little break from the Subaru scene, but eventually came back to my roots! I've been looking for a new forum since Nasioc isnt a very chill community. Anyway, I look forward to chating with you guys, girls and sharing pics.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Woah welcome to IGOTASTI!!!!

this is by far the best forum i have ever been on.

Is this an 03/04? I believe thats how the years are over there.

What cars have you had prior? Post some nore pictures please!!!

how do you like japan?!?!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the family!

eric.marsh

Thanks guys, I've been reading/posting. I can tell already that I like this forum better. Japan is dope dude, I love it here. Alin you are correct. Its a 2003 but MY04 hence the blob eye. As for prior cars, I have been pretty spoiled lol. Pics as follows.

I had to see what the hype was all about when it came to "Godzilla" the GTR. They are great cars, considering how damn old they are. However, F#$%^%@ expensive. For example a quality aftermarket front pipe is about $1200. It was fun, but my heart is in Subaru! I really feel the STi is in a league of its own. If you can look past the gas prices. They fit as a decent family car, commuter and bad ass streetable race/rally car.

R32 GTR

Then i bought a WRX GC8 rocking the EJ20K :) awesome little car.
(I really miss the light weight feel of the GC chassis.)

The blue one is my Buddy's, that thing is a monster.

wasnt a huge fan of the body kit, wheels and white on white color scheme but it grew on me.

My old dirty EJ20k engine bay

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Welcome! Good to have you here! I'm glad to see another Navy guy on the forum as I have been hopelessly outnumbered for a while now. :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy crap!!!! Dude you really had it nice!!!! Thats amazing! :tup:
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] i know he will be fond of the r32!

eric.marsh

Hell yeah Navy in the house!

Alin, Thanks dude, I've been pretty lucky. But cars are stupid cheap in Japan for some reason, so that helps.

I see my self buying a premium membership. However with the "premium" price of gas here, I'll have to wait a bit lol.
Thanks for the welcomes guys.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Cheap cars, expensive gas. :doh:

how much is gas over there? Its per liter too, isnt it?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome!

One of my instructors a while back was army stationed in Japan. He had pretty much one of everything cool, he said he got at laughable prices.... Im so jealous!

eric.marsh

The gas.... 1.77 per liter which is about $6.50 a gallon.... I get 17mpg on a pretty much stock STi so yea :(

Not to brag, but to elaborate on laughable prices... The GC8 was 4k, GTR was 7K and the Ver. 8 STi was 13k. You can find a Spec C STi for about 16k. lol.

However Japanese "JCI" bi annual inspection is not cheap, especially if you are modified.

The grand plan is to completely strip this STi (I feel dirty even saying that) and frankenstien her on a 05 WRX chassis or a 2000 2.5 rs.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
My jaw hit the floor at the gas price and at the cars' costs.... What the hell man!

what does the BI-ANUAL inspection cost?!?! :doh:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Sooooo, wanna buy me a car and put it on a boat for me? I'm about 70% serious :cheers:

eric.marsh

No rations on gas. It's just super expensive. I'm not exactly sure why. It makes me look forward to paying $3 something in the states lol.

Grinder, we may be able to work something out. I have no idea what the shipping cost would be, although I'm sure it's super expensive. Importation laws are pretty strict as well. Depending on what you want from here, you may be better off buying a front clip or something.