GD JJ's 2004 STi, 15,000 original miles & 5 years owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well now that I got that all done and IGOTASTi is on it's own server now and we are pretty much in the clear with everything from the server move, I'm gonna start looking at more suspension parts. Where to start? Let's start with a brace.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Nice job JJ!. I need to replace my end links now. I think the whitelines are top notch. :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thanks Holy & Fuji. Holy this make a huge difference in the way it handles!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I know. I loved what it did to the way my car rides.

My issue now is the horrendous clunk in the passenger side coilover. It sounds dangerous.

I have to get that looked at but I'n so lazy

Paul.c

Looks good JJ. I really like the new whiteline endlinks.

George, are you sure it's the coilovers and not your endlinks?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy you better get that looked at before you boost your car off your frame, lol!!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Looks good JJ. I really like the new whiteline endlinks.

George, are you sure it's the coilovers and not your endlinks?

An end link is just a clunk. I'm hearing something like what sounds to be a cinder block being hurled at my car while doing 100 miles per hour. :lol:

The sound is noticeably high in the fender. I'm thinking the top hat or something like that. I checked all the clearances and goemetry of the sway bars and it looks fine but ya never know. I'll have it all apart this weekend.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy is anything loose? Can you put it in the air at all?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I can lift the car and when I check it, everything feels tight. It actually drive good also. The clunk occurs when i am going over an uneven surface and turning at the same time. If the surface is flat I never here it.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sounds like a bushing maybe going bad. Hard to say without putting it unload on a rack.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah it could be. I will have it on the lift this weekend and I will know then.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Good you should be able to find it then I hope. :)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
From your mouth to gods ears!

It's just exploratory surgery right now because I won't know what to buy till I know whats wrong :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well if you lived close I would put it on the rack and fix it for you! Move each wheel 12 to 6 very slowly and 9 to 3. Move only so slightly to see if there is play. That's where to start. Can you put the car under pressure on the rack. We have a tool that goes under the wheel to compress it.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I heard that about them.. Fit and finish is alot better on sti's

The EVO was a good car, but the problem was it's transmission kept going out. The STi in my book is way better.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I wish I was close to you. I have no way of compressing the suspension when it is on the lift.

As you lift the car and the suspension extends you can hear the clunk and even watch the strut move ever so slightly when it does. It is definitely in the upper strut region. I'm beginning to think Joey is correct about the bearing being seized and the spring binding.

I'll have it apart tomorrow

Well if you lived close I would put it on the rack and fix it for you! Move each wheel 12 to 6 very slowly and 9 to 3. Move only so slightly to see if there is play. That's where to start. Can you put the car under pressure on the rack. We have a tool that goes under the wheel to compress it.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy if you need anything let me know.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.