Legendary Legend of Totally Awesome

Malek

AST 4100 Coilovers

I'm going on 108k on stock struts and springs. You have no idea how many times this setup has completely pissed me off with clunk and bobblehead...sooo..

I plan on buying the fully assembled d-specs kit from TiC with RCE Blacks called Legendary Legend of Totally Awesome! :D

Please speak for or against this setup. I don't want to drop 1.5k if I can get something better. My STi is mostly DD with spirited driving and maybe 3 autocross a season.

Here's a link: http://turninconcepts.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_9_7_479_43_134_797&products_id=1098

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm subscribing because I know nothing about suspension and whats good or not, so I'm interested to see what others say.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'd personally spend a few hundred more and get some AST 4100 coilovers and swift springs.

Yep AST 4100 FTW! I'm getting them bad boys!

Malek

I'd personally spend a few hundred more and get some AST 4100 coilovers and swift springs.

But would this be a significant improvement when it's mostly used for a DD type deal? I can't imagine I'd tune them for specific occasions on the backroads. Unless they're the same type deal where you set it to perfectly match the spring and then use that setting for everything..

Or am I just completely whacko? Haha im new to this suspension tuning thing and it doesn't make much sense. There is no formula dammit! Haha thanks!

icudruln

$1550 for a lowering spring set up?? For the month of feb I am running a sale on AST 4100s for $1599 shipped including the spring rates of your choice. $49 more and free shipping for REAL Dutch built monotube coilovers. With these you get proper ride height adjustment, less weight, more rebound adjustment and something that will perform much, much better in every way. If you ever sell them they will be worth a heck of a lot more than some lowering springs and Tokico struts. Believe me AST 4100s for this price are 10x more legendary totally awesome than a $1550 lowering spring set up : )

-Geoff

This is part of why I'm holding off on those motor mounts. Hopefully I'll be able to snatch some of these up.

Malek

$1550 for a lowering spring set up?? For the month of feb I am running a sale on AST 4100s for $1599 shipped including the spring rates of your choice. $49 more and free shipping for REAL Dutch built monotube coilovers. With these you get proper ride height adjustment, less weight, more rebound adjustment and something that will perform much, much better in every way. If you ever sell them they will be worth a heck of a lot more than some lowering springs and Tokico struts. Believe me AST 4100s for this price are 10x more legendary totally awesome than a $1550 lowering spring set up : )

-Geoff

Wow haha so after a little bit of research on these coilovers, I think I will just go ahead and go for these. (Perfect timing CP!) Now comes the spring rates and goodies questions.

Springs. Are they Swift? From reading other posts, it has been advised to either go with 6/7k or 7/8k (f/r) spring rates. I don't mind a stiff ride but I DO NOT want bobbles. The streets around here aren't terrible at all.

Dustboots. Are they necessary?

Tenders. Would I need these since the spring rates are already set?

Camber plates. From my understanding, I don't absolutely need them for coils. I just need to tell my alignment guy that I need Negative camber if I lower it. IF I don't lower it then all is dandy?

Thanks for the information!