Mark's Red & Black Beast....

Vermont

Actually no, my Rex has decals on it too, but are yours the fast and the furious knock offs, plus no muffler is better than a bumble bee Honda can.

lol no F&F decals. Only a few Spec ops ones I tricked Gino into giving me, an IGOTASTI.com sticker and an SCCA sticker. You are correct about the Honda lawn mower cans, with out the muffler my Celica sounds like a Diesel truck. :tard:

Vermont

Update- In the process of purchasing a used Invidia N1 cat-back from a guy on IWSTI.com for $350. Will be looking to sell my Borla once I have my N1. Main reason for switch over is that I have always wanted a single can exhaust for my GR ever since I bought the car. Unfortunately back in 2010 when I picked up my Borla no one was making a single can exhaust at the time for the GRs. Also have an appointment on the 11th of April for my STi to get the EWG routed back into the DP. So no more nasty, crazy loud waste gate noise.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Love the charm!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
How's the celica? Any lasting damage? Also, the carrier bearing holding up alright?

Vermont

How's the celica? Any lasting damage? Also, the carrier bearing holding up alright?

Yes lasting damage.... well kinda. I found out that unlike modern car which have a ABS plastic cover over a bumper beam. On the Celica those big black bumpers are filled with foam! you heard right a yellow brown impact foam. I lost about a head size chunk and it ripped the rubber cover, that is also right the cover is not plastic but rubber.... fucking tough ass car. Meh kinda.... as in it makes an odd sound but no massive clunking. I figure once it starts clunking again I will go buy a new one and this time make sure it is the right one...

Vermont

-Original post updated-

Update- So last night I painted up my Stock BBS wheels with some plasti dip (pics in first post). Used all four cans of the stuff, only problem is it started to rain 3/4 of the way though. So now my wheels have little dimples in the rubber, very hard to see it but they are there. It is kinda like driving a car with chlamydia, there are no symptoms but you know it's there and that just spoils the fun....

I also found out what may have been causing the ticking sound when I had the SSR wheels on. There was a piece of plastic fender liner that was bent out and the tip of which was rubbing against the wheels. I cut off the whole piece so hopefully that will fix that problem. I also got in a set of Hub Centric rings (what a faff that was), I popped out the old rings that were in the wheels(wrong size) and will install these news ones once I read up on it, as I have no desire to damage anything. New lugs for the SSR wheels as well. I am thinking right now of taking in my stock lug nuts to get powder coated red to match as well, not sure yet.

I then tried to install the new IGOTASTI.com Front licenses plate delete plate. Only problem is I need the two plastic mounts that go into the holes so I can screw in the screws for the delete plate. I was able to install my Grimmspeed Front licenses plate relocation kit (pics in first post), not too hard but you do have to do a little bit of cutting of the fog light bevel/cover to get it to fit.

And the biggest news of all? I sold the my 1985 Toyota Celica GT to my dad this Saturday for $500. That means I will now be driving my STI every day. Which kinda sucks in some ways but is also good in others. The car is an 09 with 22k miles on, and over 14k of those are from cross country trips.... I figure it is time to drive the car and enjoy it. Eventually I will finish my tune and also do the testing on the subtle solutions spliter, I am just so Fing lazy though....

Grinder34

Track Monkey
You cant damage anything with hubcentric rings. If they dont go in like butter, they're the wrong size.

Vermont

You cant damage anything with hubcentric rings. If they dont go in like butter, they're the wrong size.

I tried putting one in and it kinda slid in but not very easily. I am pretty sure it would go in with a rubber mallet but meh... Also the little metal retaining coil, does that go right on the out side edge? I thought I felt a little indentation but was not sure.

Vermont

update- Me and grinder34 just got finished installing my new TIG Werks oil pick up. I have Grinder to thank for the pick up and now for helping me install it as well. Also did an oil change at the same since it makes sense.

Vermont

Any leakage? You get your silicone tubing yet?

Yes as a matter of fact I did. I swapped too the Silicone intake couplers and T-bolt clamps two weeks ago. I also checked for any blow by in my TMIC and nothing. Not a drop. That has been 3k miles with no oil in the TMIC so I figure the AOS works for me. So far no leeks either. I had thought I had one the day after we did it but it was oil that had gotten caught under the front sub frame. So when I moved the car back to look for spots it dripped down. Made me freak out and jack the car up and check it out, but nothing was leaking. I ran my hand across the entire pan edge and no leeks. So looks like we are good.

I just sold my old couplers and worm gear clamps for 25 shipped to a guy in Germany yesturday so that was nice.

Z1107

How much blow by were getting pre AOS? Trying to decide if the AOS or UEGO will be my next purchase.

Vermont

I was getting a very small puddle every couple thousand miles pre aos, when I was using Royal Purple. After I switched to Amsoil that went down a little. Now I am bone dry. The key with the GS AOS is that if you are rocking a stock turbo or close to stock sized turbo it works great. When you get anything bigger than a Dom 2.5 well then you need to consider a different course. Also some people have had problems with their AOS pushing oil on the track. Even the super expensive Crawford one will do it. My suggestion is that if you are going to track the car, then use a catch can. IF not then just use the Grimmspeed AOS. It is super cheap and very easy to install. Jordan sells them for less than 200 if I remember right.

THe UEGO will only really be useful too you if you are turning the car your self. Other wise not so helpful. Still a good thing to have but not necessary, now a boost gauge. If you don't have a boost gauge yet, then get one pronto.

Z1107

Thanks Mark. I will be buying the AOS then. I'm getting a little blow by in the coupler on the TMIC and if that stops the problem then great. The UEGO is so that George can do the final tune on my Accessport.

Vermont

Thanks Mark. I will be buying the AOS then. I'm getting a little blow by in the coupler on the TMIC and if that stops the problem then great. The UEGO is so that George can do the final tune on my Accessport.

Ahhh in that case go uego first as the tune is more important than anything else to be honest man. A little bit of blow by wont kill you in the short term. A bad tune will.....

Vermont

Ahhhh makes sense. I didn't know if he had touched the tune or if you were using an off the shelf map. You're in good hands then for a good AOS. I can honestly say he has been the only person to ever touch my maps on my sti and he will be the only one.