Mark's Red & Black Beast....

Vermont

Since the new Whiteline Sway Bars and the Deatschwerks Injectors, have you Road Raced?
Never got the Whitelines, as for the Injectors..... Heck still trying to get my car to start since I got ran into the trouble with the camshaft sensor. School makes it hard for me to find the time to tear the car back apart except on the weekends.

Vermont

Update- Car is fixed and god to go. Swapped out the passenger side Cam Shaft sensor and car started right up. I need to mess with the latency's on the tune though, car was back firing and sputtering like crazy for a little bit. Shot out a fireball big enough for me to see it in my rear view mirror. Went away after the car learned some new fuel trims which are all way the hell off....

Vermont

Update- Will be getting the car back on the road and registered this week. Will have permanent registration as soon as I swap out the down pipe and up pipe back too stock and then re tune the car. After that it is time for OL CL MAF scaling along with timing. Then comes the meth kit this winter come hell or high water.... Also thank you again Jordan for the White line bushings.... Now I just need to fond the time to install them.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Good beans man. It will be a whole different animal with the meth!

Vermont

Update- Just pulled the trigger today on a Blouch Dominator 1.5XT-R from Jordan@Defined (Once again Best customer service ever). I was also able to pass emissions so this weekend the my catless downpipe is going back and car will be reflashed to old map. I will also be messing around the Speed Density map this weekend, which Td_d has spent a lot of hard work getting up and running. Over this coming winter the plan is to have the Dom 1.5XT-R, AWIC, and meth kit installed and tuned before April. As I plan on running the car in the SCCA spring season and hopefully getting my time trials license.

Vermont

Fuck this car.... There I said it... fuck this god damn piece of fucking shit.... Once again code p0304 Cam Shaft Pos. Sensor came up.... even after I changed the passenger side sensor (2nd time).... I don't have the time or equipment needed to pull the driver side one at this point. Going to take the car in this week to have is swapped out and have the EWG routed into the down-pipe... If the shop is unable to fix the issue then the car will be getting sold.... I am fucking sick of this piece of shit....

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Could it be a wire or connector? It shouldn't be to difficult to trace the wire back to the ECU and check it for continuity.

Vermont

Well the problem is I have neither the equipment (a voltmeter) or the ability to do so.... I am going to try and and swap out my driver side sensor first and see if that works but that is a good idea. I had not thought about tracing the wire back into the harness... Any ideas as to much to look for with it?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Well I could send you a multimeter... I have a spare :tup:

You can look for intermittent behavior. The resistance should be close to zero when you ohm out the wires from the sensor to the ECU. Maybe have someone wiggle wires wile you check the meter for intermittent behavior.

Vermont

Is it the intake or exhaust Cam sensor and a P0304 is a cylander 4 misfire if Im not mistaken, correct??? Or did it change in the newer STi's???

Opps you're right.... it is P0340 is the cam shaft one sorry...

The GR's only have one sensor per head. I am not sure which side it is but Holy did come up with a very good idea... It may very well just be a continuity issue with the wiring... Going to hijak my dad and his volt-meter to test out the wires and also trace them back.... only problem is I am not so sure where into the wiring harness the cam sensor goes...

Vermont

Opps you're right.... it is P0340 is the cam shaft one sorry...

The GR's only have one sensor per head. I am not sure which side it is but Holy did come up with a very good idea... It may very well just be a continuity issue with the wiring... Going to hijak my dad and his volt-meter to test out the wires and also trace them back.... only problem is I am not so sure where into the wiring harness the cam sensor goes...

So I finally got some motivation to work on the car today. Installed my Grimmspeed AOS, A new Battery, and some one step colder NGK spark plugs since mine were rather badly fouled.... Also while at the dealership was bull shitting with the parts guy and found out that the GR's have 3 different types of cam shaft position sensors (the exhaust ones a different from each other and the intake sensors, and the intake sensors are the same) There is a second one for the exhaust cam on each side up in front near the bumper. Well I got the new plugs in and still throwing the p0340 code, so good thing I ordered a new one that comes in on Tuesday.
6786889048_70e8bcd52a_s.jpg

As you can see the plugs were rather fouled so this might fix the miss fires and also help with power and fuel economy. Once the cam sensor thing is fixed I am going to go and have the EWG welded into the down pipe and also have my AC refilled since it sat for so long and no longer works.

Also First post updated!

Last edited:

Vermont

I am taking the Car in Monday morning to Mach V motor sports (Subaru shop near me) I really really don't want to take my car as I fear they are going to fuck it up some how but, at this point I am out of options. I have spent over $300 on this single issue have not driven my car in months.... At this point I am thinking it is either the AVCS control valve or the Banjo bolt and filter feeding to it, as both of these things have been know to cause the problem. This is I no long have the time or money to just throw at it and hope it works so I am giving up and taking it in. While the car is in the shop I am going to have them route my EWG back into the down pipe as the dump to atmosphere is getting rather annoying. That is depending on how much fixing this issue is going to cost me.... I hope it will be under $400 so that way I can get my EWG done as well, if not them the EWG will have to wait for another.

Since you are here though quick question for you. You think I will need to re-tune the car after I route the EWG back into the downpipe, if I tune the car with the EWG dumping to atmosphere first? I am pretty sure that the flow difference will be minimal as it is post turbo and more than a little bit down stream, what do you think though?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Im curious if you think MachV does a good job on your car. So far I've had mostly negative experiences with them, with an occasional neutral one.

Vermont

Well so far not bad. They do have good customer service which is a big plus in my book. As far as their work? I will make sure and take some pics after they are done fixing the wiring and re-routing my ewg into my dp.

Vermont

So here was the main culprit all along....
6831104362_0f643a224c_z.jpg

What I think happened is that when I swapped out my injectors way back I must have left this portion of the harness loose or something just as stupid, and the result? intermittent connectivity causing the car to throw to the code for the cam shaft position sensor since that was the wire sliced....

So all said and done from this one issue:
3 Cam Shaft Position Sensors: $345
Hundreds of hours pissed about the issue
Takes the shop less than two hours and cost me $135 out the door ($45 for diagnostic and $95 to splice and re wrap the harness)

I feel like such a giant tool bag....

Z1107

You are only human. Now if you mounted a giant wing the size of a kayak on your car along with huge vinyl autozone fast and furious decals on the side, then sir... you would be a toolbag.

Vermont

You are only human. Now if you mounted a giant wing the size of a kayak on your car along with huge vinyl autozone fast and furious decals on the side, then sir... you would be a toolbag.

Ummmmm..... Well my Celica is kinda covered in Stickers.... and even has numbers painted on the side.... Also no muffler... I think I may have just fallen into the tool bag category. :(

Look on the bright side - she's running!

Running? yes! Running well? No! Open loop is still completely un-tuned. So I am thinking of doing that this Saturday. At least getting the MAF and boost where it should be. I will work on turning up the timing later (of course I say later now but like always, later usually turns into never, just like the last time) Also Td_d I might have a chance soon to implement that rear O2 fix! Or not if Jordan can't take back the rear O2 I got from him, his supplier (should say old, as he no longer uses the guy) is being a prick.

Z1107

Ummmmm..... Well my Celica is kinda covered in Stickers.... and even has numbers painted on the side.... Also no muffler... I think I may have just fallen into the tool bag category. :(

prick.

Actually no, my Rex has decals on it too, but are yours the fast and the furious knock offs, plus no muffler is better than a bumble bee Honda can.