Need help TGV sensor

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I think you should worry about the clutch later and focus on your loss of power first. If you don't have a Tactrix or an AP then you really can't datalog. Perform the boost leak test as prescribed and we will take it from there. In the mean time you should reset your ECU and see if any of your power comes back. If it does come back, then that means the ECU previously went into fail-safe mode and that means significant problems.

To reset the ECU, remove the negative battery terminal and step on the brake to bleed any residual power. Reapply the negative terminal after 5 minutes.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
No it does not. This just sets the ECU back to default values. The codes may come back and the condition that existed to put it into fail-safe likely still exist and it will soon be thrown into fail-safe again. This is what I am looking to see.

izeahhh40

[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] Hey I just reseted my ecu today and I drove it around and nothing has changed.

izeahhh40

[MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] [MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION] so do you guys have any other idea. Can it be that the turbo is blown? How much would a boost leak test cost?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You can do the boost leak test yourself, just buy the part or fab one up yourself. (also need an air compressor) You can also pay a mechanic/technician to do it for around $30 or so. Don't you have hook ups through your uncle for car related things?

You situation is a little tricky because you can't log at the moment.

izeahhh40

[MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] the thing is he works for a big company he does not have connections outside of the company. Would you recommend me taking my car to get it tuned or buy the cobb accessport?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What I recommend is to get the Tactrix cable since it's cheaper. If you don't have a laptop, a good cheap one is $50-$100 on craigslist that you can use to log with. If you want the convenience of the Accessport and don't care about dishing out more money, then go with the Accessport. Either way, you will need an AFR gauge/wideband for logging. I say don't get a dyno tune and get an etune from [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]. He is brilliant and tunes to your environment, thus resulting in the safest, most reliable, healthiest tune for your car in your real world conditions.

Don't you have friends you can ask around to see if any of their mutual friends can help you out? Where are you located? Every area has a local small subaru crew and they have knowledgeable people that are literally at a hand's grasp.

If you didn't get a compression and leakdown test done before buying the car, that means you didn't really do your research before buying the car how to ensure you're getting a healthy vehicle. It is what it is now though.

Priorities are: boost leak test, compression and leakdown test.

If you truly have no one literally in your area to help you, we can teach you and recommend what to do. However, someone that can help you physically is always better and faster than use trying to. :tup:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Please assess your mechanical skills. At this point, anything could be wrong with it. It will take a systematic approach testing the air delivery, fuel, spark and ECU. Since it seems you don't know if there's a tune and don't have the capability of logging, I'd recommend taking it to a shop for diagnostics.

If you feel confident in trying, we'd be more than happy to help.
It could be something simple but it could also be a more complicated thing.

What do you feel that you can do with it by yourself?

izeahhh40

[MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] I live in Apple Valley and I recently moved up here so I really don't know anybody and if I get the tactrix cable and do what is needed will I still have to go and get an etune? How much does [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] usually charge to get my car up and running normally I honestly don't think it has any mods to even tune you know what I mean.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
These cars come with a crappy tune from factory. An etune, regardless of mods and done especially by him, puts your car in harmonic essence that are based on your real world environment.

If you become a platinum member, it will be free as it is one of the MANY amazing perks of becoming platinum.

http://igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php/273-Premium-Memberships

What state is Apple Valley in? :lol:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I have to jump in here... :) don't get an e-tune unless you are ready to do so and understand what the process entails. The e-tuning process is not for the beginner because it is highly technical. You may do better with a pro tune. :tup:

I would hate for you to have to buy a membership just to find out we can't tune it. Plus I require the car be in perfect mechanical condition prior to any tune so please just concentrate on getting it fixed.

Last edited:

izeahhh40

[MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] it is in california and hey guys i took of the tmic and i looked inside and right away i saw little oil from the pipe connecting to the throttle body is that normal?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What's a "little" oil? Show us a picture. This isn't normal and you're getting oil blowby. I'll let someone else more experienced chime in.

izeahhh40

Hey guys how can i upload pictures from my iphone onto here so i can show you the oil on the throttle body [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] [MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION]

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You can use the tapatalk picture uploader or use a third party hosting site like photobucket.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Use photobucket then.