New big number in tank fuel pumps "300+lph" DW300 and A340

Bluedemon_II

Well, I just got a small cash injection and I guess its time to keep on moving with my holset build. Now I'm sizing up the fuel delivery system.

First Iw ant a capable pump that can hold about 500whp on 93oct with the help of meth "as a det deterrent and not a power adder" Which means that fuel will likely be semi rich and the injectors and pump will have to compensate.

Right now 2 contenders have come to my attention:
DW 300 fuel pump: A pump that outflows a walbro and at static 45 psi flows about 300lph and flows more in its entire pressure curve than a walbro. In tank application with stock placement, just like a walbro.

The other contender is the Aeromotive A340:
This bad boy out flows the DW300 by about 40lph and also comes with the same stock fitting claims as the DW300 and a walbro.

After close examination, they look about the same outside "Same universal top end connector and body dimensions" It seams like the aeromotive unit utilizes a bigger motor and is able to flow more due to that. I suspect that the same factory makes the A340 and the DW300.

Now, any one heard any reviews or first hand experience? I know that this are new items but I just want to get some feed back from you guys before I go out and buy one of theses.

So far, I like the A340 if the price is right. The DW300 will be capable of meeting my power needs as I'm just shooting for about 550whp on a dynojet.

jswansti

The guy who tuned my car just switched from Walbro's to the DW300. I got a Walbro just because he was selling them cheap to get them out of his inventory, but he seems to be quite pleased with the DW300 so far. I dont know how many he has put in or tested so far though...

Bluedemon_II

Id been thinking of the DW300 but there are somethings I would like you to consider. At that lph whats the pressures in the stock lines looking like. More fuel being pushed means higher pressures. Now, even if you use a pressure regulator, you still have to worry about the pressure in the lines andhow long the stock lines can widthstand those pressures before failing. Just food for thought!

Actually I have never seen stock hard lines but the rubber side lines tend to get lose at times. You could set a braided main fuel line and leave the stock return. Still I bet that they will hold the pressure.

Bluedemon_II

I kinda want to test that before i go to my external fuel pump. I may get one of these and see what happens just for the experimental side of it.

Do get a good fuel pressure regulator though, man. Their life and injector savers!

I have an aeromotive fpr installed already.

Bad, I think I will be ordering it tomorrow If I can deposit into my bank account :D

Bluedemon_II

My idea is hydraulic lines for everything. Replace the entire system so that the lines will flow better. Then I'll get a pump that will be able to handle keeping the lines at 90 psi. I figure anything more than that is just stupid.

Lol fuji you have a crazy mod scheme/plan for every engine system on your car! That is what I call magazine/recognition worthy.

SLW_LNE

good read! i had a discussion with my builder about efficient fuel system for my power goals. naturally fuel pumps were the first topic. ditched the walbro of course and wanted to go with the dw300. even though the product was pitched to me the answer was no. so next was the aeromotive and still a no. we ended up with the bosch in-tank. unless my google is broken i couldnt find any comparisons showing if it was better or worse. maybe it was a favored product but thats not good enough for me. i only know of one other person using the bosch atm. sti freak but thats from the same tuner/builder. obviously it works great but i guess my question is would it have made a difference compared to the dw/aeromotive pump?

i just want to hear some knowledge from other experienced enthusiast instead of reading the manufacturer's promise