New Member from VA

dsoob

Hey everyone. I live in Southwest Virginia deep in the heart of the mountains. I am the previous owner of a Mazdaspeed 6. Just sold the car this past week. It was hard to part with the car after 3 years, but it was time to upgrade. I'm going to look at a car on Monday and if everything goes well I will be the new owner of a 2008 WRB Sti Hatchback. I have always wanted a Subaru ever since I was 16 years old but could never afford one. Finally I can afford one so I decided to go all out and get a STI. Plan to have pics up as soon as I buy the car, so that could be as early as Tuesday if all goes well. Keeping my fingers crossed for sure.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team! How many miles, mods, and what do they want for it?

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Welcome in! Glad to have you with us. Yes, do give details! We're going to poke and prod you with sharp objects until you tell us! :tard:

ZachTTLM

Welcome to the group, good luck with your possible purchase. I hope everything goes well for you.

dsoob

Well I went and picked the car up yesterday. Drove 5 1/2 hours to get it. No local cars for as good of a deal as what I got.

Car is a 2008 hatch has 28k miles on it and it's bone stock. Guy that sold it to me was the second owner. He bought it just to drive and enjoy. He wasn't really a car enthusiast it was just another toy for him to have. It was always garaged and rarely driven. Still has the new car smell.

I live in a small town called Wytheville which is south of Roanoke. Right now I don't have many plans for the car as I'm going to be broke for a month or so since I bought it haha but I plan to eventually tune it and get a catback. Yes I know totally for sound but the way that the boxer engine purs is breath taking to me. Other than that and a few minor exterior changes I like the car the way it is for now. I KNOW I will get the itch to do more to it. As for now I'm gonna just enjoy it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337081025.683795.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1337081037.119596.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very nice. :tup:

dsoob

Thanks man I haven't had a chance to take any pictures for myself that was from the seller. I am going to remove the stickers off the bumper today or tomorrow. I know they are there to help the bumper from paint chips but I just don't like them.

gratefullife

Congrats. Car looks good. And take your time on modding, it's taken me forever just to get the minor things I've done to mine knocked out.

Automagic correct3d from tapatalk.

ZachTTLM

Congrats on the purchase! From the sounds of it you will have a good time with this car and get to enjoy it because it seems to have been well taken care of previously. And I agree the subaru sound is so nice to hear :)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and enjoy! Please check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own.

You will inevitably want to mod your car at some point so please ask questions before you do. The littlest thing can have profound effects on the reliability of your car. No question is stupid and we will do our best to answer them all with respect and accuracy... There are allot of great things you can do to your car and with the right advice you will spend minimal amounts of money to do it if done right. There are allot of really great and experienced people here and no other site has the combined knowledge IMO. You came to the right place!

Also consider purchasing your parts from our vendors when you've made any parts decisions. They are the most enthusiastic Subaru vendors of them all and they have put in the time and effort. They will give you the best deals and the best advice on parts hands down and you can take that to the bank. Very often they provide special pricing for IGOTA members but most importantly they stand behind what they sell and the support is second to none! Just so you know, We allow only the best and proven vendors on our sight so take advantage of that. Big names mean nothing to us but reputation is everything and it is from the little guys where all the advancements are coming from. These are those guys :tup: Some of them are even manufacturing there own parts specifically designed for your car. So check them out!

Most importantly... Enjoy your new car!!! :D

dsoob

Welcome and enjoy! Please check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own.

You will inevitably want to mod your car at some point so please ask questions before you do. The littlest thing can have profound effects on the reliability of your car. No question is stupid and we will do our best to answer them all with respect and accuracy... There are allot of great things you can do to your car and with the right advice you will spend minimal amounts of money to do it if done right. There are allot of really great and experienced people here and no other site has the combined knowledge IMO. You came to the right place!

Also consider purchasing your parts from our vendors when you've made any parts decisions. They are the most enthusiastic Subaru vendors of them all and they have put in the time and effort. They will give you the best deals and the best advice on parts hands down and you can take that to the bank. Very often they provide special pricing for IGOTA members but most importantly they stand behind what they sell and the support is second to none! Just so you know, We allow only the best and proven vendors on our sight so take advantage of that. Big names mean nothing to us but reputation is everything and it is from the little guys where all the advancements are coming from. These are those guys :tup: Some of them are even manufacturing there own parts specifically designed for your car. So check them out!

Most importantly... Enjoy your new car!!! :D

Thanks so much for this post it is very rare that you see a Mod take the time to welcome a person to a forum. And the fact that you say there are no stupid questions, most sites bash you for being a new member and not having a lot of experience with the car that you own. I try to search and read as much as I can before asking a question. Sometimes you just need to ask and be precise with the type of question you have. Thanks again for the warm welcome. I can tell I will enjoy my stay here.

Vermont

Congrats on the STI man! I am located up in Gainesville, VA right off route 66. LEt me know if you need anything. If you are lacing tools or a place to work on your car man, let me know I have a full range of tools and a decent amount of experience working on these cars. (nothing compared to fuji, reks, or holy though) I would be more than happy to give you a stage 1 or 2 flash for your GR man. I would suggest getting a tune done ASAP. The stock tune on the GRs is actually harmful to the engine. Let me know if you have any questions and also let me know if you do want that tune man.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We have the best guys here! If you can please purchase a sponsor membership. It's only $45 for a year and you get some awesome perks and support a great site. Any questions just ask me.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I'm in DC, but willing to drive to help subie owners!

Vermont's got a nice setup, and with three pairs of hands we'd be in good shape!

dsoob

I will definitely be donating. Just gotta wait until payday first. Thanks for all the help in advance guys.