Noobie ;)

Tabbee

Hello, new here :)

Heard about the site, via facebook and thought I would register, I haven't been part of a forum for awhile, lol..

The husband let me trade in my 09' Civic SI last year for a 2012 WRX as an early anniversary/mothers day gift and fell in love with the car instantly, I had the Cobb AP, COBB SF Intake, and Nameless Axleback on that one..
This year for mothers day/anniversary he told me he wanted to take me to the Subaru dealership to buy the fog lights for the WRX and instead I walked out with a new car (STI), well not technically since I wanted a certain color that they didn't have in stock so I had to wait a few days, lol..

All stock right now, minus the SPT catback, mod wise I will just be adding the AP, Intake, and Cobb Downpipe then gonna start on little things for the exterior.. I get the tint and fog lights done next week ;)

Enough typing, here's a few pictures..

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very nice.

Welcome to the team!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What a great gift. Welcome to IGOTA! More pics please! :D

Tabbee

I know, an amazing gift :) Didn't think I would be getting an STI for another few years at least.. haha... I will have some more pics after the tint and fog lights get installed, however they will probably be crappy cell phone pics.. lol.. I have two events coming up that I host so my friend who takes all the pics for me should be getting some nice shots of the car :)

Tabbee

Welcome! What exterior stuff do you have planned?

just minor stuff for now.. Lip, Window visors think they are called rain guards lol, possibly some wheel spacers, the vortex generator, front plate cover delete... Just minor stuff here and there.. 1st things 1st though, I need to get the clear bra for the headlights and all that jazz and that alone is almost as much as a freaking engine mod :mad: ...

I'd like to have a small drop on the car, does anyone know anything about the COBB drop springs and if they're any good??

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I'd like to have a small drop on the car, does anyone know anything about the COBB drop springs and if they're any good??

No personal experience but hearsay is that they are a bit rough.
Revalve on the stock struts would be a must if going with different/drop springs. IMHO.

Tabbee

No personal experience but hearsay is that they are a bit rough.
Revalve on the stock struts would be a must if going with different/drop springs. IMHO.

That's something I would have to look into :) ... Off the bat I can tell the STI has a lot more bounce then the WRX ... I have yet to even really push on the car and see what the difference is, as far as power and handling .. I have been babying this one, that's for sure. lol..

Tabbee

Added the front lip, rain visors, fog lights, tint, and added the yellow film to the fogs... Still need quite a few small stuff, but it's getting there :)

STI_zps2589b12a.jpg

I actually have the cobb progressive lowering springs and they are for sale. IMO they are great and they felt better than stock to me. no noise or anything. I switched to swift springs for a stiffer ride or higher spring rate and less of a drop since i was having rubbing issues in the rear. But im also running 10 inch wide wheels with 275 rubber...so i ended up cutting and hammering the metal back there along with the springs to make them work.

Let me know if you would like to buy them though. I am trying to get rid of them.